Possibility for "player created quests" they can give to other players?

LxsTurnLxsTurn Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I was thinking it would be a cool idea if players could give other players quests, with rewards paid out by the player giving the quest. So, for example, say I'm a master carpenter. I'm working on building a house for another player but don't have the time to collect all of the resources as I'm working on other things required to finish the building.
So, I create a quest and give it to another player I hired for help, they go collect "required resources", come back and turn in the resources and are awarded with the accepted quests reward. Could also implement a "quest board" players can post on somewhere in town, and others can accept quests from them.

Obviously someone could go collect what you need and then you can just trade them and pay for it, but I feel this adds an additional sense of community and a way for experienced players to connect with new players who they normally would not be involved with outside of their social clique. Just something I thought of that I thought sounded really cool, maybe there are issues that would stop it from working that I'm not thinking of though. Created an account just to throw out this idea. lol

Comments

• If not player generated quests I would love to see community involved content where you might have a group of players who are more geared for gathering and collecting resources in a given node and you then can pay other players/characters with more combat experience or expertise to guard or clear out an area so they can mine, fish, etc. Like a mercenary system where you can post requests for aid or help with your own goals beyond just a dedicated chat channel or forum post.
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    These are already going to be a thing.

Mayors can create quests as can tavern owners.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Jahlon wrote: »
    These are already going to be a thing.

Mayors can create quests as can tavern owners.

Oh, awesome. That opens up to so many cool interactions. Thanks for the reply!
  • Ljosalfar wrote: »
    If not player generated quests I would love to see community involved content where you might have a group of players who are more geared for gathering and collecting resources in a given node and you then can pay other players/characters with more combat experience or expertise to guard or clear out an area so they can mine, fish, etc. Like a mercenary system where you can post requests for aid or help with your own goals beyond just a dedicated chat channel or forum post.

I agree! That would be awesome and from what I have seen, it sounds that all of that will be possible.