Will there be other subscriptions payment currency other than dollar?

Haven't found any answers for this question on the forum, there is a post just like mine in 2018 but with no answer.

The subscription value of the game is 15$ per month, and that is way to much money when converted to my currency, Brazilian currency, it is R$90. Brazil has a strong gaming community, so i was wondering if it will have a similar subscription plan with local currency without the dollar conversion, like WoW does

Comments

• Haven't found any answers for this question on the forum, there is a post just like mine in 2018 but with no answer.

The subscription value of the game is 15$ per month, and that is way to much money when converted to my currency, Brazilian currency, it is R$90. Brazil has a strong gaming community, so i was wondering if it will have a similar subscription plan with local currency without the dollar conversion, like WoW does

I don't think it should. The game doesn't have a box price, nor it will charge for expansions. This means the only money they make comes from Cash Shop sales and subs.
    If 10k people pay 5 USD/month, that's 100.000 USD lost by Intrepid. The cost to maintain the game is still the same because their servers and developers are based on the US/outsourcing companies that bill in US currency.
    I'm talking about 10k people, that's an entire server that they would be running at a loss.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    There has been no discussion of localization of payment methods.

Unforutently, if they do offer the lower subscription cost, you'd almost have to be account locked to a specific server otherwise people would just VPN to get the lower sub price.

It also has to make economical sense for Intrepid to do a server for that price.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Question. If you have such a large gaming community, doesn't that mean that there are enough people who can afford to game? And how much is a good internet connection?
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Question. If you have such a large gaming community, doesn't that mean that there are enough people who can afford to game? And how much is a good internet connection?
    I have 950mb down
    And how much would that cost a month?
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    For me it costs about $70 a month but its going to vary greatly by location and carrier. If you want a real price you are going to need to look at ISP pricing in your city
    I was trying to compare. For Canada, Gigabit is $120. Ashes is $15. Not a problem at all. Drop my plan a bit, and it pays for Ashes.
    If you are getting Gigabit for $70, you are getting a wonderful deal! Especially if Ashes is $90. That means compared to me, you are getting Gigabit internet for about $12. That is a tenth the price of up here.