Worries about node system and over-arching world PvP

razzersv2razzersv2 Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Let me just start by saying, I have been watching Ashes of Creation for a long time and hope that it delivers on the hype is has been gaining over the years. However, a worry that I am having is in direct regard to the PvP Node sieges and other required high population World Group PvP.

I worry about what happens when the population after the initial release hype declines before plateauing like all MMO's historically do. I worry that with the "Node System" we are putting a huge expectation on a large player base to keep the PvP content to be balanced and always active. On top of that, what are the plans in terms of population balance, what happens if the active population on one side decline and the other grows? Are there plans to counter this issue via consistent balances added over time in the form of buffs or mercenaries?

Ultimately it always worries me when I see an amazing game that has alot to offer but has ultimately based it's core World PvP on a population driven mechanic. This is because no MMO besides WoW has historically been able to keep a high population and active PvP base throughout the longevity of only a few years before inevitably disappearing back into the void where no one but only the most die hard of fans continue to play. This issue has no connection with the PvE content, only the PvP in connection with the Node System functionality.

Again, if I am missing a core point to this system and there is an answer for these questions, feel free to let me know so that I may be at ease knowing that I am wrong about how the node system is expected to function.

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    So, couple of things.

You mentioned "sides" there are no sides, becuse there are no factions.

You are loyal to your node and to your guild, and your loyalty to your node is a higher relationship than your membership in your guild.

Your node is at war with another node, you can end up at war with your own guildmates.

So, I'm going to drop this here: https://www.ashes101.com/nodes

I think you may have some misconceptions about Nodes, and how they function. If you don't, great. Then can you refine your concern/question a little more?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101