Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Goals

What do you aim to achieve by playing AoC?

Comments

• Options
    For me, I lack ambition, so I don't aspire to become a mayor or anything of the such. I genuinely just want to play a great game. To be honest, if possible, I'd also like to contribute to the project as well.
  • Options
    LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    IdleWolf wrote: »
    For me, I lack ambition, so I don't aspire to become a mayor or anything of the such. I genuinely just want to play a great game. To be honest, if possible, I'd also like to contribute to the project as well.

personally, i lack ambition in most mmos, not because im not ambitious, but because the mmo just isn't as good. i mean there isn't a truly great MMO left in my opinion, there are just titles that i play that are better than the rest!
    however, in ashes, there really is so much you CAN do you will eventually BECOME ambitious, in my opinion of course.
    the game has content of an epic scale, sitting back and watching the 250v250 castle siege (which, as steven has teased is trying to be DOUBLED to 500v500). i personally dont see how someone can watch such a HUGE achievement both in terms of in-game glory, but also technical mastership, and not feel a desire to participate in that slaughterfest!
    ambition would come from that desire!

now my personal goals,
    i'm not a top-tier player by any means, but i want to chase the respect that the top% receive and find my own glory on a bloody battlefield. i'm a PvX kinda guy and look forward to trying to stay competitive in both PvP content like siege, arena and battlegrounds. As well as PvE content like raiding and dungeon clearing. While also enjoying the undeniable beauty that Intrepid Studios is creating in their environments!
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In Star Wars Galaxies all I did when I played was hunt Squills on Tattooine. I did a little PvP but i mostly hunted Squills. I made a lot of money and had the best gear, but still, I hunted Squills.

If the combat is good then I will focus on combat - be it PvE, PvP or Grinding. If the combat isn't good I'd focus on Crafting. Either way I always aim for the best equipment in MMOs. Ashes will have so many options and I'm sure aspects will grab my attention when I play it. I'm quite stoked for the whole concept. I also played Bounty Hunter in Star Wars Galaxies and hunted Jedi. So I will play Bounty Hunter in Ashes and hunt corrupted. (Corrupted won't be as powerful as Jedi but the thrill of the hunt is all i need lol)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh you know just small things like making a new house making some friends and rule the world in my image
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    Oh you know just small things like making a new house making some friends and rule the world in my image

just small things :naughty:
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As a budding content creator I aim to use Ashes to express my content and help the community to grow.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    One problem with most games is that once you've completed your goal, you either have to find a new goal or give up on the game as there is nothing else for you to accomplish. With AoC, it seems like this will no longer be an issue, as the content and the positions of power are ever-changing.
  • Options
    IdleWolf wrote: »
    One problem with most games is that once you've completed your goal, you either have to find a new goal or give up on the game as there is nothing else for you to accomplish. With AoC, it seems like this will no longer be an issue, as the content and the positions of power are ever-changing.

very much so.
    especially with gear having to answer to a HUGE varierty of potential builds.
    content will be replayable and is designed to give you a reason to stick to the game :)
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Climb to the top of the Arena ladder, become the mayor of a military metropolis, organize as many massive battles as humanly possible, and generally cause mayhem until the name Snooze is only spoken in hushed whispers. :)