Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Australian Servers

Are there going to be Australian Servers? and I mean hosted in Australia, not Asian country's...

It has been 2 years since it was first asked and still no answer. If the devs don't care for us Australians, then let us know.
I will be charging back my money.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Still just OCE servers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    MullyMully Member
    Yeah well OCE is not Australian servers and being up against Asians.... no thanks.
  • Options
    I suppose if there is a huge player base in Australia then they may add a dedicated server but until then its just OCE sadly
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    MullyMully Member
    I just hate how us Australians are an afterthought. We don't matter until we pony up mass money.
  • Options
    speaking to the crowd here mate, the people in EU are stuck with my.com for a publisher and that was a kick in the nether
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    QLqGcBr.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but does OCE not specifically include Australia?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    MullyMully Member
    OCE is never in Australia. Many companys avoid Australia as only Telstra can handle the servers and charge way to much for them. Many game companys say OCE or SEA but they are not true Australian servers.

Any time our Net connection leaves Australia via the underground cables, we get massive pings.
  • Options
    MullyMully Member
    Oh and look at this backflip...

On 26 January 2019, they said Australian Servers
    https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016194674-Where-will-your-servers-be-

Now on 23 July 2020, They said "Sharif also confirms that there will be Oceanic/SEA servers to better serve Australian players, the devs have just not tied down where that server will be located."
    So we may not be getting servers in Australia.
    https://massivelyop.com/2020/07/13/ashes-of-creations-steven-sharif-talks-servers-housing-and-moderating-the-playerbase/

Not looking good.
  • Options
    prymortalprymortal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Your saving grace might be, Amazon has stepped into Australia (Sydney) now so there is competition starting there & AOC Subscription allows for those "premium" +GST costs Sydney often charges due to better international throughput to be covered. So they could do it, there is hope unlike in the past.

I can tell you why its never Australia in the past for other games from experience if you actually care.

I just hope AOC devs know that MMO's are not played locally so a ping allowance of up to 200ms must be allowed so we can even play the game over here in OCE.
  • Options
    RavelRavel Member
    edited July 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    speaking to the crowd here mate, the people in EU are stuck with my.com for a publisher and that was a kick in the nether

Tell me this is not true. How horrible. Is there a way I can prevent having to deal with that publisher?
    The verb, not the composer name.
  • Options
    Ravel wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Tell me this is not true. How horrible. Is there a way I can prevent having to deal with that publisher?

Saddly its true and so far they haven't done a good job
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Actually I'm pretty sure they state in their FAQ's that there will be at least 1 Australian server.
    Here:
    https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016194674-Where-will-your-servers-be-
  • Options
    There is very rarely a large enough player base in Australia alone, and for long enough to warrant the cost of hosting servers for only us Australians, unfortunately.
  • Options
    gibbergibber Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There's always enough of a playerbase in Australia but we're notoriously unforgiving for broken launches and dated games. There have been a few studios that have been great in offering local servers but were eventually left with servers to maintain without a playerbase to cover the costs.

Unfortunately I can understand why a lot of studios don't, especially when dealing with some of our companies.
  • Options
    Hi there - as a few folks have referenced in this thread, the best place to stay up-to-date with our latest plans for server locations and regional support is in our helpful knowledge base article here!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.