Necromancer undead army?

Chino13Chino13 Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I don't know, if I'm at the right place to ask this question or if its already been ask before?

Well you be able to raise undead army like Diablo 2? Where the undead skeletons your raise stay with you permanently till they are either killed or you log off the game?

Comments

• DawmeryDawmery Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Necromancer is a confirmed class combination so undead minions are pretty much guaranteed. Steven confirmed that summoners will have up to 3 active summons. I assume some summons will be active and others will be temporary but we don't have any real summoner info yet.
    28ce0d25de3c2adc0e2c96ff5978a823.gif
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm not sure about an army but it sounds like you will be able to summon multiple summons. Not sure if they have talked about how long they stick around but I'd think they would be somewhat permanent as you need them up to use most of your skills.

This is probably the best source of information we currently know on the Necro: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Necromancer
  • If you guys ever played diablo 2, you would know what it feel like have army of undead skeletons doing your bidding. An it kinda make sense here, since you can use your undead army to guard caravens or raid caravens. Heck you can even using it during events like siege battles.

it would be nice if the devs took inspiration from diablo 2 and somehow incorporated into this game.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Summoned mobs to me are simular to hunter pets...you and your pets =someone else ...except you can't control your pets as well as you can yourself. I like the idea of pets but I don't like the idea of being weak myself because my pets that I sorta control are the rest of my power.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Summoned mobs to me are simular to hunter pets...you and your pets =someone else ...except you can't control your pets as well as you can yourself. I like the idea of pets but I don't like the idea of being weak myself because my pets that I sorta control are the rest of my power.

There is a class called Summoner and they don't have this stat issue as their summon is part of their class.

Combat pets are an option all classes can take and the transfer of stats is just the trade-off to balance it out.
  • I suck at explain stuff lol, but this video might give you an example of what I think a necromancer is.

https://youtu.be/PaNSj2iVdig
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello there
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Necromancer is the class I am most excited to play too!