Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions Regarding Archers

1: Will all bows and crossbows be tab targeted or do you have to aim all of your shots?
2: Will headshots be implemented for extra damage?
3: During the gameplay footage of the siege taking place, the player was shooting at enemies ~50 feet away. What is the maximum range for archers?

Comments

• Options
    LUBULUBU Member
    These are all good questions. I would also like to know if critical damage shots on weak spots (depending on creature type) would also be a factor?!
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think they said single target spells were tab target and AOE spells were not. I expect arrows to work the same way
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Little Overview on combat for you: https://www.ashes101.com/combat

1: They are both action and tab. You can take 75% action skills or 75% tab skills, or any combination that caps at 75% of one and 25% of the other

2: No, those were cancelled afte APOC testing

3: We do not have that yet
    Aardvark wrote: »
    I think they said single target spells were tab target and AOE spells were not. I expect arrows to work the same way

No, there are AOE spells that are tab and there are aoe spells that are action. Ground placement spells count as action. AOE based off your character count as action. But there are tab spells that affect x people near the target
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Jahlon. :)