Seige hrs from interview

AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
So they mentioned in an interview today an example of time zones and times that certain things have to happen in, with the example being an EST server would have castle seiges limited to 3-7PM so that noone can seige you at 2AM.
I see 2 issues with this:
1) 3PM-5PM being in the window means noone with a normal job can defend or attack for half of the allowed window. (maybe this was just random times tossed out)
2) If the timer never moves anything that comes out you can't do you could be unable to ever do. There should be multiple times. Like if world bosses spawn at noon on Wednesday and you work then you will never get a boss kill on this boss once people learn how to kill it. Not because you can't but because it will always be dead before you get home.

Comments

• tugowartugowar Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aardvark wrote: »
    1) 3PM-5PM being in the window means noone with a normal job can defend or attack for half of the allowed window. (maybe this was just random times tossed out)

It's once a month, and maybe that was on Saturdays.

You'll never find a time that works for 100%, but I agree should find a time that works for most.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Don't have a job. Do you wanna play MMOs or not?

Find a sugar daddy like a real pro.
  • NorseNorse Member

The Siege hours they mentioned in the Summit and Asmon interviews were 5-7pm server time, which is prime time, it's also based on time zone of the server, so can kind of pick a server that would make it most possible for you to attend node sieges if that's a priority for you.

• On a more serious note, if you somehow do get stuck unable to participate in siege hours on your server .. At least there will be a lot of other ways for you to contribute, like resources/whatever.

Hopefully we find out more about siege times, I doubt they would make a system that only allows the unemployed to participate. I'm sure they'll figure something out/extend the times/whatnot.
  • LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Norse wrote: »

The Siege hours they mentioned in the Summit and Asmon interviews were 5-7pm server time, which is prime time, it's also based on time zone of the server, so can kind of pick a server that would make it most possible for you to attend node sieges if that's a priority for you.

The prime times of servers will be listed next to the server on selection so you can pick a server that is right for you!
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
    On a more serious note, if you somehow do get stuck unable to participate in siege hours on your server .. At least there will be a lot of other ways for you to contribute, like resources/whatever.

Hopefully we find out more about siege times, I doubt they would make a system that only allows the unemployed to participate. I'm sure they'll figure something out/extend the times/whatnot.

The system is essentially "server prime time only"
    This game will NOT allow 2am node sieges or anything even remotely close.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Srdjan91Srdjan91 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sieges will be probably held during weekends in evening hours ~8pm-10pm server timezone.
    Aion and some other mmo's which I played long time ago had this and it was amazing.
    I hope AoC team do same thing.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    Don’t get me wrong I like the idea of no 2am Australia guild sneak raid while your defenders are asleep just make sure we know the times for the servers before we pick a server. If I need to pick a eastern or maybe pacific server no problem as long as I know the day before I pick a server which one of those 2 I need to pick
  • Maybe they come up with alternative extra options on top of the siege hours mentioned. Like some sort of mutual agreement between warring guilds that both have to agree to, or who knows!

The important thing is, they've mentioned they do not want "offline raiding" type of gameplay, and they want people to be able to be online and defend. This, to me, suggests they will also not want to screw over the working-class playerbase. So I think we're all good, we're going to get appropriate prime time windows, whatever that ends up being. They have the metrics so they will know, and we have the forums to communicate to them if things are good/bad.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    As someone that has played MMORPGs from small beginings of Ultima Online from about 1997 and have over the years and will continue to be playing from different geographical locations and vastly different time zones; schedule for major events becomes a serious issue when they are locally focused and a game changer when limited in range.

As far as I can see, this game is not attempting to gate players from foreign countries / different time zones, so creating a wide window of time for these events with different start times might just offer greater player inclusion.

That would be what I would be voting for.

Maybe they come up with alternative extra options on top of the siege hours mentioned. Like some sort of mutual agreement between warring guilds that both have to agree to, or who knows!
    I mean, a guild v guild requries people to be logged in! if a guild is full of 9-5 workers, even if the enemy guild is full of 16 hours a day players that dont have a job etc. the war halts until the 9-5 workers login.

Twitch.tv/Lafidell