Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions about Alpha characters

SickSick Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Are there multiple characters per account, or is it 1 character per account?
Also.. will alpha-played characters transfer to the main game upon release?
Will name reservations be used on our Alpha test characters, or will they have arbitrary test names?
My reason for asking is the name reservation.. I plan to try multiple classes and secondary classes (come beta 1 and 2) to know what I want my main character to be. That being said, I want to make sure my reserved name makes it to the desired character that I wish to main.

Character names are a big deal to me...and honestly a big reason I purchased the Voyager Plus pack lmao. To support the game, of course.. but it's a small price to pay to lock in my desired name for a game that has a high potential of being THE next biggest MMO.

Comments

• Options
    Srdjan91Srdjan91 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sick wrote: »
    Will name reservations be used on our Alpha test characters, or will they have arbitrary test names?
    My reason for asking is the name reservation.. I plan to try multiple classes and secondary classes (come beta 1 and 2) to know what I want my main character to be. That being said, I want to make sure my reserved name makes it to the desired character that I wish to main.

Character names are a big deal to me...and honestly a big reason I purchased the Voyager Plus pack lmao. To support the game, of course.. but it's a small price to pay to lock in my desired name for a game that has a high potential of being THE next biggest MMO.

It's a mmo, you can make more than 1 character per account.
    During Alpha and Beta testing phases there will be character limits with provided equipment needed to test various scenarios.
    All characters made during Alpha and Beta test phase will be deleted after testing phase.

There should be name reservation after beta just before official game launch.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Srky wrote: »
    Sick wrote: »

It's a mmo, you can make more than 1 character per account.
    During Alpha and Beta testing phases there will be character limits with provided equipment needed to test various scenarios.
    All characters made during Alpha and Beta test phase will be deleted after testing phase.

There should be name reservation after beta just before official game launch.

I know it's an mmo and we can have more than 1 character, I was more referring to specifically in the 1st and 2nd Alpha phase.
    And I read on the wiki that name reservations open up WITH Alpha 1.. which is why I was worried about possibly wasting my reserved name on a test character.
  • Options
    I now see in a reddit Q&A, we will have a name reservation token on our account.
    How that works, though, I'm still unsure. For a name to truly be reserved without physically creating a character with said name.. I'd imagine we would assign that name to the token, taking it "off the market" so-to-speak, and then we use the token on our desired character/server.. Speculation, though.. but the token thing does clear it up a tad bit.
  • Options
    Srdjan91Srdjan91 Member
    edited July 2020
    There should be early access before official game launch for players (which were testers/bought x pack) to reserve their names.
  • Options
    Hi there - yes, you will be able to have multiple characters per account, but there will be limits in place (both for testing and launch). Expect for your Alpha and Beta characters to get wiped multiple or numerous times between testing and launch - they won't be transferring upon release. Your Name Reservation perk will be for a live character, and so far during testing players have been able to name their characters as they wished. Keep an eye out for more details on how to make use of your Name Reservation perk as we get closer to upcoming test phases - we'll be sending you an email with everything you need to know!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with on this topic!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.