Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Corruption (and Visual)

Does anyone know if there will be a visual effect that goes along with corruption/corruption level?

One of the things that bothered me about the corruption system so far, is that it lowers your PvP efficacy. To me, at first, this seemed immersion breaking that I would become weaker after defeating someone, but after reading the reasons for it .. (to prevent PK alts) it really made sense.

But I think a visual effect to go along with it, and really cement it as an in-lore consequence for misbehaving, would do a lot in terms of immersion and atmosphere. If we could actually see this corruption manifest on people, it would feel less like an out of character system and more like an in character consequence for your actions.

I know that a flagging system already exists, but I am talking about a visual effect similar to that of some creatures we've seen, where they have darkened flesh and cracks running through them as if they were made of broken stone, with eerie dark lights glowing through them.

Comments

• Options
    LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Does anyone know if there will be a visual effect that goes along with corruption/corruption level?

One of the things that bothered me about the corruption system so far, is that it lowers your PvP efficacy. To me, at first, this seemed immersion breaking that I would become weaker after defeating someone, but after reading the reasons for it .. (to prevent PK alts) it really made sense.

But I think a visual effect to go along with it, and really cement it as an in-lore consequence for misbehaving, would do a lot in terms of immersion and atmosphere. If we could actually see this corruption manifest on people, it would feel less like an out of character system and more like an in character consequence for your actions.

I know that a flagging system already exists, but I am talking about a visual effect similar to that of some creatures we've seen, where they have darkened flesh and cracks running through them as if they were made of broken stone, with eerie dark lights glowing through them.

we've heard nothing of the sorts. regarding the visual effect you mentioned, it sounds like descriptions of the underground race, i believe they call it Tulnar.
    for now we know your name turns red as a corrupt player.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Okay, thanks!

The visual I noticed was on a 'corrupted troll' model that I found on the wiki.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/images/e/ef/Troll_concept.mp4
    Looks cool!