Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

FIre Mage?

Greetings,

I was looking into the class list and there i couldn't find anything relating to fire mages.
Maybe im getting it wrong but with combining your primary and secondary, you get one of 8 subclasses to your primary class.
Will there be a way to actually have a mage with mostly fire set of spells like there is in WoW?
Because on the list of subclasses,there is nothing that sounds remotely to "fire" mage.

Sorry for bad english.

Kindest Regards,

Comments

• Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mage Mage should be the closest then you can get more modifiers from religion, race, drops, maybe even crafting.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My hope is Ashes wont have fire mages, just mages. Imo WOW is exactly why single spec elemental mages are a bad idea. Early on in Vanilla WOW you had no choice but to roll frost mages because of raid bosses with fire resistance. Current wow (or at least the last time I played but I'm assuming it's the same now) simply eliminated elemental resistance from bosses.

Imo a mage should have access to a variety of spells from all types. The whole idea being to figure out and use the specific element the mob is weakest against. Some would be obvious like a fire boss being weak against frost or a water boss being weak against lighting but a humanoid mob could have resistance in their gear for a specific element and it would be up to the mage to figure this out on their own.
  • Options
    Srdjan91Srdjan91 Member
    edited July 2020
    You can find everything about mages here

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mage

Mage players will have acces to variety of elements (fire, water,..) and players will receive skill points as they level. These skill points can be used to level up skills within their skill tree skills (like for example on pic below). It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
    vlcsnap-2020-03-29-06h52m20s731.png
  • Options
    The classes, I expect, will feel very different from WoW.

In WoW the mage is split into Fire, Frost and Arcane, as you know.
    Here it will be just mage, and then 8 subclasses to alter your primary. I imagine all 8 of the mage alterations will have frost, electric, fire, arcane and all sorts of goodies.

If you want to be a fire themed mage, I am sure there will be cosmetics so that you can look all awesome and red and you can limit yourself to firey spells and modifiers.

.. But there won't be a class of mage that is limited to only fire. That will have to be your own personal choice as a player, if you want to limit yourself to only fire themed things.

Still, sounds like a cool idea. I totally wouldn't mind a pyromaniac mage, that refuses to use anything but fire spells, in my group.
  • Options
    LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    EndlessGG wrote: »
    Greetings,

I was looking into the class list and there i couldn't find anything relating to fire mages.
    Maybe im getting it wrong but with combining your primary and secondary, you get one of 8 subclasses to your primary class.
    Will there be a way to actually have a mage with mostly fire set of spells like there is in WoW?
    Because on the list of subclasses,there is nothing that sounds remotely to "fire" mage.

Sorry for bad english.

Kindest Regards,

the simplest answer is that you just go mage-mage and pick all the fire-based skills
    however if you go any other class you CAN take mage as your subclass and augment your skills to FIRE
    e.g a fighter with fire may have a big greatsword swing that when augmented to FIRE is leaves a big burning AOE on the floor :)
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell