Action Combat (would a TERA player like it?)

Personally, I really would like action combat to simulate TERA as much as possible, but from what i can hear about dodging and blocking, it seems like that's not happening. (I could be wrong)

Does anyone here know if they have compared what they hope to achieve with anything currently out there?
On that note, have they said how closely action combat will simulate Ashes of Creation Apocalypse?
UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    the combat is hybrid so a mix of action and tab combat
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • The game, so far, will have both action combat and tab targeting.
    They mentioned you are limited to 75% one and 25% the other, so you can't have more than 75% of your abilities all be one style. They also mentioned differences in balance based on the type of attack, so just as an example, a slow casting meteor that creates a big area you can dodge/move out of might go insane damage, but is balanced by how easily it can be avoided, while a tab targeted attack of the same tier would do less damage because of how certain it is to hit. Stuff like that.
  • NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    Oh no, I get that this game is a hybrid, and that's what i expect and somewhat hope for as i'll aim for playing a healer, and aiming there would suck most of the time.

Let me clarify.
    Have they mentioned what their definition of "Action combat" entails?
    So far, from what i've seen, it has been manual "auto" attacks that are bound to "Q" (for some reason) and AOE effects, so it's hard to tell what they are going for down the line.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • I'm not sure, but probably stuff like in ArcheAge, where some attacks are tab targetted and some are action-style that you can move out of the way of.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The current system is very different compared to Tera but i'd wait for to see more. The hybrid system hasn't been flushed out yet so it might appeal to you. Only thing I'd say is the system will probably be more mobile then tera's system.
  • PlateauPlateau Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • I just hope it's nothing like ESO.... I can't even play that game because the controls feel so clunky to me.

Holding down WASD while trying to click through 1-whatever number keys..... just silly.