What are you most excited for?

2»

Comments

• ZeaminZeamin Member
    As a person who really like the feel of a world and the players come to life, i really can't wait to see how the RP is going to be built in the community. :smile:

I also can't wait to get some gathering and crafting going. Which i normally really do enjoy and take my time with, hopefully at one point being able to help others to built/craft something amazing. :D
    Banner.png
  • It's hard to say really, I'm excited about EVERYTHING this game has to offer! I suppose for the most part, I'm interested in crafting, which is weird because I've never cared for it in prior MMOs I've played. However, hearing that crafters will actually have a great impact in the game, and you can only master one of them, it gives me hope of being a famed Armorsmith on the server one day, or a Miner who's capable of finding the best of ores; just the possibilities have me really excited on how they'll work it.

Class wise, I've always been a Tank, so I'm more than like going to Tank/Cleric = Paladin it up. Though, the idea of having a Tank/Bard interests me for the potential buffs I can give myself and other frontliners with me. I'm really stoked to see how deep the class system can get, the only time I've seen an MMO even try to give you some flexibility with jobs was FFXI with their subjob system(kind of similar to this actually).

Also-ALSO, I can't wait to hear the stories people have to tell about their experiences out in this growing world we'll be apart of. None of that linear narrative nonsense we're all so used to by now; I want to hear how someone came across a hidden cavern and found some crazy loot to one of the legendary items on the server(or something similar I guess).
  • Excited about everything, maybe mostly by all the group systems such as nodes, guilds, societies, etc.
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar

but really, Tulnar as well as most of the systems and how they synergize. I don't think I can pick one....besides Tulnar.

It will be so cool to finally know what they are. Since many of you guys are new here you may not know that there has been long term speculation that the Tulnar are some kind of **** furry abomination(because of this "death to all Tulnar" is kind of a meme). But I think they are just an animal race with some mutant features(which is how they have been described as). I am really excited to play as them. IMO they are the most interesting race since they are unique to ashes, sound cool and are not super vanilla fantasy like an orc or elf.
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Naxxaz wrote: »
    Limited myself to three
    1. Action Combat (Please god, be good)
    2. Getting that sweet rare drop equipment for the first time.
    3. Owning any sort of land or home

Neat list, Personally I've never been into housing since I think in most MMO housing is just cosmetic and you decorate it and dont do much else in it. But I think in ashes it is like your bank. So I'm glad it now has some functional features.
  • FathymFathym Member
    250v250 battles with no lag!!!
    In Steven Shariff's latest interview he even said that they're trying to push it to 500v500 which would be mind blowing.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Healawin wrote: »
    In Steven Shariff's latest interview he even said that they're trying to push it to 500v500 which would be mind blowing.

it will need good servers, amazing code, good internet, and good pc to play on. Even if they provide the good server and amazing code you will still need the good interent and good pc.
  • FathymFathym Member
    edited July 2020
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Healawin wrote: »

it will need good servers, amazing code, good internet, and good pc to play on. Even if they provide the good server and amazing code you will still need the good interent and good pc.

Luckily. Neither of those things are an issue for me. And they've stated that they are using alot of similar backend architecture to planetside 2 and that game hosted absolutely massive battles with little to no lag.
  • The different evolution of the world on each server,
    the fiece competition for power and domination,
    and all the politics and drama that comes with it,
    the thrill of fighting other players or groups for a spot, caravan or resource,
    the adventure of exploring the game and its mechanics for the first time
    and my everlasting desire to become the strongest.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020
    Non instanced mmorpg
  • TPOTK1NGTPOTK1NG Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For me its the way the world is subject to change through the population as a whole's decisions. I feel that is really a core mechanic that was missing in so many MMOs that I've played. Thinking about encountering new cities that will have a history built through player actions is really cool to me. The politics and drama that will ensue as guilds and nodes fight for territory. Seeing towns thrive and be potentially wiped out and replaced will be a cool journey to watch unfold. I just want to see what becomes of the world and enjoy whatever decisions I make for myself.
  • LoyhetaLoyheta Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Socializing with other people because the game requires it. Crafting being valued and interdependent on each other. Game tuning based on 8v8 content and not 1v1. Having dungeons not scaled but instead depending on performance.
    Referral Code: KRIFFNYDUZV6L9SF
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So many exciting things to look forward to.

Getting the band back together.

As in old guild mates who are keen to play another MMO together.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • A game to call home.
  • lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1. World exploration/Lore
    2. Character Customization - Not just appearance but all the augments (religion, racial etc)
    3. Combat
    4. Nodes
    Future Py'rai (M) - Shaman, Enchanter, Soul Weaver, Templar, or Necromancer (Pending)
    Future Crafting Plans: Herbalism > Alchemy & Scribe or Mining > Metalworking > Jewel cutting (Pending)
  • Hi, there, I am most excited about the community.
    I present the best MMORPG documentary you will ever witness. This is what kind of degeneracy I want from Ashes of Creation.
    Click here
    Have a nice watch.
    If you are dev of this game its must-watch.
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Peon501 wrote: »
    Hi, there, I am most excited about the community.
    I present the best MMORPG documentary you will ever witness. This is what kind of degeneracy I want from Ashes of Creation.
    Click here
    Have a nice watch.
    If you are dev of this game its must-watch.

That video was hilarious.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • That video was hilarious.

Part 3 is the best.