Gear drop when corrupted

andrewisandrewis Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
First of all, I'll say that I think it's a healthy mechanic, however, I've done a bit of research on whether or not does one drop equipped gear or carried gear and while on wiki it's stated that player drops carried gear, steven stated in the recent interviews with asmongold and also summit1g that corrupted players drop equipped gear
(asmon 31:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0LQSMT83L0
,summit 42:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AeuqaELjFg&feature=youtu.be&t=41m54s)
so just here to ask if it should be changed on the wiki or if Steven didn't think of carried gear during those streams

Comments

• I'm not sure, but I think carried gear is equipped gear. You're carrying it, and I don't see much reason to carry extra sets of gear in your bag it's not WoW.

I expect it will be equipped gear, because it is a deterrent. If it was just something from your inventory you could easily just not have any gear in your inventory, or carry around a bunch of crap.
  • well it actually makes quite a difference, as what you can do if you have too much corruption and bounty hunters are closing in you can unequip all gear before combat and let them kill you without worrying about losing equipment, also aoc looks to me as a game where having an extra set of armor for a different type of dmg mitigation might actually be useful
  • andrewis wrote: »
    well it actually makes quite a difference, as what you can do if you have too much corruption and bounty hunters are closing in you can unequip all gear before combat and let them kill you without worrying about losing equipment, also aoc looks to me as a game where having an extra set of armor for a different type of dmg mitigation might actually be useful

That's fine, just keep in mind it's a whole extra set of armor you're going to have to maintain and that might be difficult and costly.

I can say with certainty they will not allow people to exploit the system in such a way as unequipping items and stuff to avoid punishment. The corruption system is specifically an anti-grief system, and if it is failing it will be changed.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    andrewis wrote: »
    well it actually makes quite a difference, as what you can do if you have too much corruption and bounty hunters are closing in you can unequip all gear before combat and let them kill you without worrying about losing equipment, also aoc looks to me as a game where having an extra set of armor for a different type of dmg mitigation might actually be useful

Who said you can unequip gear while you are corrupted?

Things like this that are obvious and basic work arounds are things that we should assume Ashes will prevent.
  • noaani wrote: »

Things like this that are obvious and basic work arounds are things that we should assume Ashes will prevent.

Being corrupted shouldnt make it so that you can no longer play the game, that basically limits so much playability, isnt capped damage and stuff enough or even too much, people will literally have to suicide spam or something just to be able to access parts of the game again
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Covid19 wrote: »
    noaani wrote: »

Being corrupted shouldnt make it so that you can no longer play the game, that basically limits so much playability, isnt capped damage and stuff enough or even too much, people will literally have to suicide spam or something just to be able to access parts of the game again

Killing someone in a way that will give you corruption is something that players have to actively chose to do.

You make the decision to attack the player, then you make the decision to carry on killing them once they don't fight back.

You have no reason to complain about the punishment if you have the option to not attack the player.

Also, keep in mind, the idea of corruption is an outright punishment, it is not something people are supposed to have and keep. This is why guards will attack you on sight, meaning no access to services.

Basically, don't gain corruption lightly.
  • Covid19 wrote: »
    noaani wrote: »

Not sure what you mean by not being able to play the game. Corruption is a part of the game you're playing.

It is a punishment, you will not be able to circumvent it by suicide spam either because it is multi-faceted. You will still spawn randomly/far away, have XP debt (be weaker) and take significant durability damage to equipment by suiciding.

You will still be able to access all parts of the game while corrupted, you will just do so with corruption. The weakness is only in PvP, and it's only if you're corrupted.

It might help to read up on the corruption system here (https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption) as it seems you might have some misconceptions about how it works and what it is for.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This will be one of the things that we will be testing. I am sure that @StevenSharif will make sure that the systems will be the best that can be done before releasing.