Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

EU player's would you play on a NA server if event times suited EU timezone.

malgusmalgus Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
I'm asking this, to get a feel of what the EU player base is feeling.
Malgus_Carnyx.png?ex=6589b5fa&is=657740fa&hm=6165ef5455c2f25cb0ac93e39a9f24f652e13d9c02da2b5810117d6852c591f2&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1919&height=150

Comments

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    BigsBigs Member
    Depending on the lag.
  • Options
    badtastebadtaste Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since there is eu servers, why would i?
  • Options
    badtaste wrote: »
    Since there is eu servers, why would i?

Don't know if you were here during the my.com being the EU publisher
    Malgus_Carnyx.png?ex=6589b5fa&is=657740fa&hm=6165ef5455c2f25cb0ac93e39a9f24f652e13d9c02da2b5810117d6852c591f2&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1919&height=150
  • Options
    badtastebadtaste Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was. But im hoping steven has them under control :)
  • Options

This was the main reason I was asking this to give the EU playerbase an option
  • Options
    LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    malgus wrote: »

I mean you do have the option. You can still play NA. But they won't adjust NA servers etc. For EU to play.
    Also its a waste of time talking about my.com until we see actual performance of servers in live test.
    We've been through all of this before. At the end of the day if they cannot deliver quality, IS will drop them. My.com are being used for servers and customer support only. Its not hard to find replacements but EU has no good publishers that can handle mmos

Feelsbadman
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Lafi wrote: »

I mean you do have the option. You can still play NA. But they won't adjust NA servers etc. For EU to play.
    Also its a waste of time talking about my.com until we see actual performance of servers in live test.
    We've been through all of this before. At the end of the day if they cannot deliver quality, IS will drop them. My.com are being used for servers and customer support only. Its not hard to find replacements but EU has no good publishers that can handle mmos

Feelsbadman

I was saying because steven mentioned a server time window between 3pm est-7pm est that is like 8pm to midnight my time which is perfect
  • Options

Feelsbadman

I was saying because steven mentioned a server time window between 3pm est-7pm est that is like 8pm to midnight my time which is perfect
  • Options

Feelsbadman

Yeah then for you thats 100% viable :)
    Though not for most i think. Lots of 9-5 office boomers in the mmo community that need their beauty sleep! :P
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options

Feelsbadman

Yeah then for you thats 100% viable :)
    Though not for most i think. Lots of 9-5 office boomers in the mmo community that need their beauty sleep! :P

Lol for real :wink:
  • Options
    SawoSawo Member
    Sure. I have played many games in US servers rather than EU.
    I am UTC +2 and usually stop playing when EU prime time hits, so it suits me as good.
    I also like that US servers arent that populated when I play, so it helps if game is farming orientated etc.
    "Our strike is deep, unbeatable hate, we don't show mercy, we don't have a homeland.
    All of our happiness is at the tip of our swords, our hearts can not soften."

- The Jaeger March
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While I hate my.com I will be playing on EU as my guild plays on the server
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

I see so, hypothetically speaking if your guild says we are going on NA server would you do it?
  • Options
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    No. Having better connection takes the priority for me.

EU has annoying non-English speakers, Chinese gold farmers & cheaters, smaller population, no playing with devs, unreliable publisher, and many other downsides, but I don't care.

Yes connection does play a big part when making these decisions
  • Options
    Sawo wrote: »
    Sure. I have played many games in US servers rather than EU.
    I am UTC +2 and usually stop playing when EU prime time hits, so it suits me as good.
    I also like that US servers arent that populated when I play, so it helps if game is farming orientated etc.

I see I feel a community makes the server, so I'm sure there is going to be option for people who play in the same timezones so you can do content with them.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

I see so, hypothetically speaking if your guild says we are going on NA server would you do it?

Probably not
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    CrocosCrocos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nah I would never go over to a NA server. I can see the appeal but ultimately having the better connection and being part of the EU community would take priority for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    You are not wrong.
    1595274201-runesmith.jpg
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can't for the life of me play with shitty ping, unless for the sake of my guild or a large friend group playing there. If everything quality wise is great on EU, I'll likely be spending most if not all of my time there
  • Options
    Amist wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me play with shitty ping, unless for the sake of my guild or a large friend group playing there. If everything quality wise is great on EU, I'll likely be spending most if not all of my time there

Yes ping is a big decider but I feel our connection was good considering we were on west coast when we were playing together I was thinking east coast not west coast
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    I have considered it becouse of My.com
    But my friends will most likely play on EU, and ping is an issue.
    I also hope they make more language based servers and not just "EU"
    RU, DE, FR
    Affiliate Code:
    0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f
  • Options
    Srdjan91Srdjan91 Member
    edited July 2020

EU has annoying non-English speakers, Chinese gold farmers & cheaters, smaller population, no playing with devs, unreliable publisher, and many other downsides, but I don't care.
    EU almost never had smaller population in mmo's than NA.
    When it comes to gold farmers both EU and NA have same problems.
  • Options
    I would not play a US server, even with 250/250 there gets to many hops to servers and with todays preassure on the internet the lag would probably ruin the experience on peak hours.
  • Options
    NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    Only two downsides to playing on the EU.
    1. 10-20% of people only use their native language instead of English, even in open chats, which is really annoying to deal with.
    2. You can't play with most streamers and DEVs. (Some see this as a blessing)

It's not worth the lag, even with a good connection of your own, it's not in your hands.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    whats with the hate on non-english in a multi-cultural server lmfao. I am English too but fuck man. we dont own this shit.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Peon501Peon501 Member
    edited July 2020
    Heck no. EU 2x bigger in population also none wants to play in laggy less populated NA servers. Most of the
    EU guilds will play in EU.
    Speaking about non English there should be language channels.
    BTW most Europeans know English and at last two more languages.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    I guess I've never looked into how servers/datacenters are normally handled in these situations but with Ashes, unless things have changed, they are using AWS so my.com shouldn't have anything to do with the servers.
  • Options
    SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter

Since when are there Chinese gold farmers and cheaters on EU servers / more compared to NA?
    Smaller population, can you tell me the numbers please?
    What other downsides?
    The amount of non-English speakers is small because in EU most of us know multiple languages.

Are you even from EU?
    Tq3LCNj.png