Pet Class

Hello :-) I'm the player that loves to play with pet classes. Like: Tame your own pet friend and let it tank the mobs and you attack them from behind with bows or something like that. I would love to see such a class like a beastmaster, hunter, tamer whatever in ashes :-) is there any plan?

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Combat pets
    Combat pets may be tamed from certain creatures in the world.[7]

Combat pets will not increase a player's power and will require a sacrifice from the player.[8]
    Combat pets will have a horizontal progression, not a vertical one.[8]
    It will participate in combat. It will allow you different options sometimes, but it won't necessarily increase your power and... you'll be sacrificing something for it.[8] – Jeffrey Bard

Taken from https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Pets#Combat_pets

Summoner Class will also have Pets.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • you can do animal husbandry, that is for mounts and maybe pets? I dont know if they will have pets, but they will have mount
  • Nice! I'm happy to hear about that! I'm just a bit more intrested in Hunter Classes with Archertype weapons but summoner is a good start. A class around combat Pets would be nice! Maybe a tamer with whip as a weapon or so ! :-D
  • Elphiel wrote: »
    Nice! I'm happy to hear about that! I'm just a bit more intrested in Hunter Classes with Archertype weapons but summoner is a good start. A class around combat Pets would be nice! Maybe a tamer with whip as a weapon or so ! :-D

Combat pets are something any player could get either by:
    1. Taming/breeding one themselves through the artisan classes
    2. Buy one from another player

There is not class that is centered around combat pets. Combat pets take a portion of the player's power and utilize it - only you = 100% power, you + pet = 90% + 10% (numbers are only examples).

Taming is a profession from the artisan classes, as well as animal husbandry (cross breeding beasties).

There is a Summoner class which you may be able to flavor towards a more Hunter like appearance of at least the summon - instead of an elemental or something like that you summon a bear/wolf/hawk etc.
    Such flavoring happens when you choose a Secondary Archetype sometime during the leveling process (levels from 20-30 are being thrown around).
    Once you choose a Secondary Archetype, you gain access to unique skill augments on your Primary Archetype's skills (so Summoner) and you can apply those augments to change a little bit how that skill works. Like i said above, Summoner primary and let's say... Ranger secondary. According to the wiki that gives you the class called Beastmaster. He might have skill augments that modify your skills to appear more ranger like instead of magicy-castery (explosive arrow instead of fireball etc) or when it comes to the summon skills of the Summoner it will most probably have augments that change the appearance and functionality of the summon.
  • Its actually the other way around, but yeah
    Ranger/Summoner, a "Beastmaster", and Summoner/Ranger, a "Falconer", implies some form of pet combat class in my mind.

its the other way around, but yeah
  • Its actually the other way around, but yeah
    Ranger/Summoner, a "Beastmaster", and Summoner/Ranger, a "Falconer", implies some form of pet combat class in my mind.

its the other way around, but yeah

I've been reading the graphic all wrong then!! Sorry, I'm new. Now I have to re-evaluate what I think I want to play aha...

its okay
  • That sound amazing! Thats what I wanted :-) A class with a pet and some pet mechanics like the breeding...thanks for the explanation so its summoner/ranger to get a beastmaster?^^