What does the Grind look like?

mcjenkinsmcjenkins Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
As everyone knows a part of any mmo is it's grind and im curious and concerned what the grinds will look like in the future? Personally i do like the hard grind I.e Dungeons and such but i also love the chill grinds where you just literally run in circles killing mobs such as reputation farming and professions it ultimately depends on my mood.

I just mostly want to know what the chill grinds will look like and also, will there be any reputations in the game. personally I'd love to see a hard to reach, but small yeti hunting tribe up in the north where u farm reputation by collecting yeti furs, and being rewarded in the end with a purely cosmetic yeti hoodie. It's simple no real reward aside from the satisfaction of being unique within the player base.

Comments

• Interesting, I wonder then what will be chill content within the game? I think it's huge to have an opportunity to just zone out and listen to podcasts or music while killing monsters for some "side" gains, not particularly for progression.
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Well the monster spawn table system of the nodes sounds grindy.
    How i understood it every ZOI of nodes is gonna have spots and points of interest that are somewhat scheduled or time gated.
    I don’t think every bit of content that those nodes ZOI hosts will be immensely challenging, there will be a good mix between mobs,resources, dungeons and world bosses.Those Points of interest gonna develop and change with the nodes level and pose new challenges.
    I can definitely see how guilds will grind those spots in order to maximize their nodes XP gains and defend them from others.
  • So far it looks like you just do whatever you want, and that progresses both your character and the node.. and the node helps progress your character even more.

Whatever you spend your time doing your character is likely to progress in that area of the game, and it seems like nearly all paths and playstyles available are viable in some way and contribute to the node, so really.. It's up to you.

You can just sit in town and craft and trade if you want, or you can exclusively do dungeons and hunt with friends.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of things we call 'grinds', but not forcing people to grind is the real accomplishment here, you don't have to do a certain amount of runs through the same dungeon daily and weekly to unlock some chest of disappointment and stock up on a time-gated currency that you can use to gamble for maybe(?) an upgrade.