Apperances of characters

So basically i care alot of how my character looks like so do many people imo.
i've seen on the livestream while seating a weapon it just dissapears but thats for sure gona get changed, my pet peeve while i was playing archeage u cannot have multiple things on your back ( overlapping each other) and i do care about rly much.
having a CAPE and then a bow or some swords over it looks freaking badass. if ashes gona have a primary slot for back appearce i think that could suck :S.
hopefully ashes will have alot of character customazation regarding ingame changes.

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm told you will get to choose what you show on your character, however, you can't display Backpacks and Cloaks at the same time. I appreciated Steven's response at the time. If they can't see your Backpack you're less of a target in some circustances.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • TuljanTuljan Member
    i mean a big thing for me is having a cloack and a bow out on your back while crousing around.
    thats a must... xd
    edited July 2020
    I can't tell if they will add that or not. Weapons just seem to magically appear and disappear at the moment. Must have big pockets. I'm not a whole massive fan of weapons on backs (I don't mind shouldered bows) most people in history didn't wear weapons on their backs except small weapons like daggers. In modern warfare they have much more equipment options, but, in medieval times a shield on your back would be hard to grab, a sword on your back would be hard to grab etc.

Edit: Grab might be the wrong word, and some re-enacters have made back sheaths for longswords, yet it wasn't common practice. Moot points really in terms of fantasy though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • TuljanTuljan Member
    thats what im saying i would love for them to make everything possible.
    truly to make the best mmorpg
    edited July 2020
    Age of Conan managed the feat. I know Ashes of Creation has a different lore etc. I hate to say it's still in Alpha but it is in Alpha. Tweaks, graphical additions and movement all come after core mechanisms. I don't know the actual timeline of events, we'll hopefully see fresh perspectives when the NDA lifts.

Edit: I mean they have put systems in place (or will do) so you can't conceal your items with cosmetics and transmogs if another player doesn't want you to, so I see invisible weapons appearing from nowhere to be anti-IS policy at present. Can't glean any info from invisible weapons made visible after the combat begins.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    To be blunt, there are few games Ashes of Creation isn't copying. They don't have to copy stupid stuff. Just make the game they promised and improve the pathetic things. Who wants to see a cloak pop out? Other games manage to have a cloak and weapons on the back. I do not see the request as unworthy.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • TuljanTuljan Member
    that feature in AA is so BS, i hate to see that here.
    and hiding ur weapon/cloack/etc for the reason of hiding whos strong and not thats kinda bs too for a MMO