What SHOULD open world pvp look like?

DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
There has been a ton of discussion about the corruption system. We've talked about the mechanics and how the system will work, it will be hard to know these things for certain until we can test it.

My question is: Numbers and mechanics aside, since we can't test those details yet, what do we think open world PvP SHOULD look and feel like in ashes? Or better phrased, what do we want the end result to look and feel like, stats and systems aside?

Comments

• mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    The system should allow people to fight over valuable resources/spawns in the game while making it not worth it to kill random people.

I think it's too punishing if no one is willing to attack each other at high value spawns and are only focused on tagging mobs.

I think it's too lenient if we get a gank box where everyone is killing each other on sight.
  • Total anarchy, please.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvP but in the open
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Fields of salt so vast that mining them will fund my empire.

AN EMPIRE OF SALT!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fields of salt so vast that mining them will fund my empire.

AN EMPIRE OF SALT!

you should talk to @BCG l LordofSalt
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nagash wrote: »
    PvP but in the open

This seems to be an accurate description of what open world PvP should look like.

But for real, there should be very few reasons to want to attack a player in a way that could generate corruption. It is there so that you have the option - or so that you can threaten with it - but it should almost never be the first course of action.