Your Alpha 1 expectations

arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
So with alpha 1 only a few months away and with the influx of new infos, i recently thought a lot about what the first experience AoC will be.

So apart from what we already have seen in the pre alpha footage what do you guys think will be present in the alpha 1?
Is there any feature you would like to see personally?
What features do you think would benefit intrepid the most to implement early on for testing and development reasons?

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    My alpha 1 expectations are that things are going to break.

Seriously though, the first thing they need to do is implement all the classes and all the class abilities. That way they can get a good feel for how the combat will work which is a huge part of any mmorpg.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NodoffNodoff Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really want to see some of the sailing and ocean exploration.

As far as early testing implementation, I think that should really be all of the cohesive systems that are meant to work in tandem with each other, such as religion systems, governance systems, thieves/scholar/etc guild systems.
    11wn1c3qmy20.gif
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'll be getting into the Fall alpha 1 test and I'm basically expecting an incredibly bare-bones experience along with bugs out the ass.

But that's to be expected. It is a legitimate alpha, not like the "alphas" that Eastern MMORPGs do when they're translated to the west. The Ashes alpha will be very buggy, very barebones, nothing will be finished, animations will be relatively sub-par, combat isn't complete, and more.

However, I'm still incredibly excited to test the game and help fix the multitudes of problems that will inevitably arise. I've been following Ashes for 2 and a half years which will probably be 3 years once I get into alpha so to finally test the game is hype af.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    My alpha 1 expectations are that things are going to break.

Seriously though, the first thing they need to do is implement all the classes and all the class abilities. That way they can get a good feel for how the combat will work which is a huge part of any mmorpg.

Ye that´s how i see it as well. I would really welcome the next step on the combat system so that we can start to give actual feedback on that.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lots of bugs
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My expectation is to spend a lot of time trying to log in after a bug / crash / influx of new people / random reason.
  • GizooderGizooder Member, Alpha One
    How does one sign up to be apart of all this? I am interested in testing in Alpha and so forth. Who do I contact?
    rEJWWpy.png
    Ravenhood
  • I expect to spend all of alpha 1 waiting for beta.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gizooder wrote: »
    How does one sign up to be apart of all this? I am interested in testing in Alpha and so forth. Who do I contact?

For alpha 2 you buy a pack that includes it for alpha 1 too late to get it.
  • GundelGundel Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    I think for most people that have A1 access is that we expect it will be buggy, and doing loads of bug reporting.

We will have glimpses of class design, and node design along with other larger systems in place. Giving our feedback vocally and the raw data for the devs to make informed decisions based on the information presented. A lot of has waited 3-4 years to really help intrepid test and understand the work required to get this game to be amazing as possible.

• darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    All I want to see is progress from the previous streams and then progress between each phase of the Alpha.

I have no expectations as far as specific systems as it's their prerogative as to what they choose to work on first.