[SUGGESTION] Class Quests

Suggestion for the DEV team to create Primary and Secondary class quest lines.
I'm sure they already had this topic up for debate, but would like to express my own personal want for this feature, and hopefully that others want it too.

My suggested implementation
Primary Class
I'd suggest they give a single quest-chain for each primary class, make sure it's very basic, but span a couple levels. Make sure this Quest chain is open to interpretation.
This would mean the creation of 8 simple chain-quests, not needing to be that long, but giving everyone a feel for their class, both mechanically and thematically.

Secondary Class
For the secondary class, while i would like there to be 64 quest chains (one for each class combo), i do recognise it would be an absolutely monstrous task for the quest designers.
Therefore, I'd suggest that you group a couple of class combos together if they have the same theme, and present them the same quest-chain with a theme close enough to their combo so it feels tailored to their class.

Primary Class
  • Bard: Coheres an NPC in the tavern to gather information about a missing person or item. Said info leads you on a comedic goose chase for the person or item.
  • Fighter: Mentor under an old veteran fighter, you duel (he kicks the PC's ass), he send you out on a mission to improve. The mission goes as planned, you come back to find your mentor in trouble, you help him out, the next duel you kick his ass.
  • Rogue: Mainly a quest about stealing [X], sneaking and/or killing. Maybe introduce the PC to where the thieves guild lies as part of the quest.
  • Cleric: [X] sends out the Cleric out to retrieve a religious text, in their search the PC finds a hidden stash of occult texts, which they can choose to burn or turn in. Regardless of choice, this discovery leads leads [X] to regard the PC as a threat and they have a showdown. Same as Rogue, introduce them to the religious system.

Secondary Class
  • Group A: Shadowmancer, Shadow Disciple, Shadow Caster, Cultist.
  • Group B: Templar, Paladin, Argent, Apostle, Highsword.
  • Group X: X, Y, Z

Best case this helps you out, worst case it's wasted, but i do hope the best for the project.
Anyone got class quest ideas they'd like to see? ;)

Note: I've seen an old post from 2017 similar to this, but that only asked if they would be implemented
UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

Comments

• MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will be class quests. But they most likely wont be small, or insigificant!
  • Srdjan91Srdjan91 Member
    edited July 2020
    There shouldn't be class quests for primary class. You pick your primary class on character creation page.
    Maybe just small questline for unlocking key (strong) primary class skill.

Questline for the secondary class shouldn't be easy.
    When you finish that class questline and pick your secondary class you wanna feel it with smile on the face.
    Secondary class questline should be something like story (lore) related to your race-class.