Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AA feature's that might be similar to what's coming to Ashes (combat)

CopperfieldCopperfield Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Al tho i enjoyed AA a lot.. the game died due to bad management. like P2W stuff and so forth.

I also know that Steven is a fan of AA and its features.

The primary and secondary class system in ashes also looks a lot like the builds that are possible in AA.

I wanna talk about the synergy between classes thought skills/spells in AA.

there many skills and spells that gives meaning to the function of the skills when combine with each other.

Most people will know this i guess.

So the question is if the system that ashes is building would have the similar synergy spells and abilities between different classes?

Comments

• Options
    The way I've heard it explained is that you choose a primary class first until level 25 .. Let's say ... Mage.

Then later you choose a second class (which isn't permanent, like #1 is) and this influences your abilities. So if you pick Mage + Mage, you are extra magey. If you pick Mage + Fighter, you are a mage but ... fightery.

The opposite is also true, where you can pick Fighter as your main, and mage as your second .. likely to create a type of fighter that attacks with magic infused strikes and stuff.
  • Options
    There you go. A nice overview of the class system. The website is quite detailed by the way, have a look at the other sections as well:
    https://ashes101.com/classes
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    They certaintly try to have intruiging synergies that make the classes unique in their playstyles. I hope they can translate what their vision of combat is to their development iterations though. That´s not an easy task, especially since scalability is also the focus they might have to do some trade offs.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    One of the more interesting aspects of the class system in Ashes to me is that if you only use abilities that have augments from guild, social organization, node, race and religion, it actually makes absolutely no difference at all what secondary class you pick.
  • Options
    i was kinda more pointing out to different classes in group fights.. and not the arguments of the secondary class.

example: will mage spells sync with tank spells?
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So why would you want to toss one of your own team into another demension mage/mage skill? Or is this ment to get them out of combat so when they come back they can rez people with out of combat skills while the battle continues? Pally in old wow had something like that
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In one of the latest 2 interviews with SummitG and Asmondgold Steven mentioned there would be synergy between classes and skills.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    In one of the latest 2 interviews with SummitG and Asmondgold Steven mentioned there would be synergy between classes and skills.

• Options
    Aardvark wrote: »
    So why would you want to toss one of your own team into another demension mage/mage skill? Or is this ment to get them out of combat so when they come back they can rez people with out of combat skills while the battle continues? Pally in old wow had something like that

Here is an example, your group is being chased by another group, for whatever reason(not important right now), your mage vanishes the tank into another dimension, timing it that way that the tank will pop when the enemies will be close by or directly on him. The tank that just poped up on them can then combo Righteous Fury for a convenient aoe pull into a Bulwark(wall) to prevent movement from the enemies. This can be chain combod with some aoe's to turn a disadvantage(being chased) into a winning position.

Another example could be overagroing mobs, just vanish the tank to drop some of them, or hiding someone from a guaranteed death scenario for a few seconds. Drop the target while being focused to save your self - imagine you got Impaled by an enemy tank, you are certainly dead unless you will vanish your self for a few seconds, letting your group close the gap and help you out.

There is a lot of uses for such a skill, and it opens up to a lot of strategy, i am personally in love with such skills.
  • Options
    i also like the psychics ingame that have visual meaning..

fighter charge is one of them for example.. the visual effect gives you info that the fighter is going to attack..

Hopefully steven has the same idea's about visual effects and their info given to the player.