Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Protector Cosmetics

yakoyakdiddyyakoyakdiddy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I happened to just miss these awesome cosmetics when they were available, and by the time I had the cash, the rotation had set in and they were gone. Whilst I know that Intrepid have stated that each window means those cosmetics are locked and won't be resold, how about slights tweaks to those that people have missed? For example, a different colour, slights tweak to the aesthetic, etc.
How do people feel about this?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Generally speaking, no.
  • Options
    I recall that colour variants of things available on the cash-shop after launch will also be available in game. Slightly different but same enough.

As for the package stuff, it's been marketed as unique and exclusive. Maybe you find something similar out of chance? But I think if you missed it, you missed it. Sorry, but also I'm not sure so I could be wrong! Maybe they will also have colour variants in game.

These artists are great though, so I wouldn't worry. I'm sure there'll be something just as cool!
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah, plus this particular skin pack, if you are referring to the Dark Pact one, has been on the store for like 2 months. There will be alternate colored or possibly similarly themed skins in game though, so don't feel like you'll never be able to get something you like.
  • Options
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Yeah, plus this particular skin pack, if you are referring to the Dark Pact one, has been on the store for like 2 months. There will be alternate colored or possibly similarly themed skins in game though, so don't feel like you'll never be able to get something you like.

It's changed, it's a cool new boggy one now.

... Or is that just me?
  • Options

It's from a while ago:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Intrepid_pre-order_pack:_Apr_2018_-_May_2018

It has the archetypal paladin-esque aesthetic to it, absolutely beautiful.
  • Options
    Oh, wow. That is pretty.

Their artists are so talented!

I hope AoC has an Art Book come out someday.
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That would be cool! And yeah that was a nice pack.
  • Options
    That would be cool! And yeah that was a nice pack.

It really was, beautiful qualities for a lawful-good type character.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    I got this cosmetic and honestly I don't care about my exclusivity if they opened up the cosmetics for older package owners like you. Because we are like 1/30000 of the post-release population.

They've talked about this^ potentially happening, recently. Go spam demands in their Discord until you get a clear official answer.

Likewise. I have bought a whole bunch of cosmetics over the last few years, and if they bring them up again, I have no issue with that.
    I'd go as far as to encourage it:
    1)It's a revenue form for Intrepid, and as more are drawn into the game, they'll want to shout at Intrepid with "Shut Up and Take My Money!".
    2)It's a cosmetic, and as per the Intrepid credo, it doesn't offer any advantage, so ultimately no one loses out (except for the aesthetic aspect).