Dungeon scaling (Simular to wow mythic+

hakuruhakuru Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hello there :)

so i was wondering what you guys think of an Mythic + type of dungeon style in aoc like in wow.
(For the ppl that dont know it. Basicly in wow you complete a dungeon in a certain time limit and you upgrade a key that lets you do another dungeon on a higher lvl. (more health monster, more damge inc. WoW has also certain affixes like that monsters leav pools of blood behind that deal damage if you stand in them)

For me this is very fun content and i like the chalange and to play a dungeon on such different levels.

I think it would ensure also that dungeon content is not done after a certain patch or is not enjoyable anymore.

What do you guys think about it? Is there maybe another suggestion how to keep this stuff relevant?

Best wishes

Hakuru

(sorry for typing errors)^^^^^

Comments

• I believe the dungeons and raids will get progressively harder based on your performance on previous bosses in the dungeon, as well as getting harder overall the deeper you go into them.

Gonna have to wait until they release more specifics I think
  • There is a video I saw from intrepid which explains this. If you have a hard time with boss 1, boss 2 will be easy (for lack of a better term) but if you kill boss 1 really fast and easy, the 2nd boss will scale up and also have better loot.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I do not want to run a dungeon to level up then run the same dungeon at cap to key then run it on +1 through plus 15. Mythic dungeons in wow were their way of trying to cover up the expansion had almost no content
  • Aardvark wrote: »
    I do not want to run a dungeon to level up then run the same dungeon at cap to key then run it on +1 through plus 15. Mythic dungeons in wow were their way of trying to cover up the expansion had almost no content

I agree so much.

I absolutely despise mythic+. It's a mechanic lifted straight from games like Diablo and PoE, which are great games but they are not MMORPGs and this is.

Mythic+ dungeons have no place in AoC and thankfully, I am pretty confident they will not exist here.
    Most content isn't instanced so there's not even a way to implement that system.

It's inherently an anti-MMO system because it encourages 'go go go!' mentality, which tends to get you blacklisted/kicked from mmo communities.

As for your concerns of dungeons being 'done' after a certain patch, not fun anymore or not relevant ... This isn't anything like World of Warcraft. Those scam gimmicks won't/shouldn't be happening here.

It is a PvX game with open-world PvP. The dungeon will stay relevant because it offers materials you need to repair your armor and craft. It will stay challenging because the game developers are competent and experienced, unlike WoW where all their developers have very little experience due to them constantly cycling through them. The power-creep will not be as hideously and ridiculously out of control as it is in WoW.

No two worlds will even have the exact same dungeons, it all depends on how the nodes develop and what events occur in the world, and dungeons may come and go depending on what's going on so you're not just stuck with the same content all the time.

PvP will also keep things exciting and relevant, because no matter how many times you've been to that same dungeon before, you never know who you're going to run into and if they'll be friendly or not.