Can we get Heavy Crossbows?

I noticed there are crossbows, but not heavy Crossbows. They are the sniper rifles of crossbows. I really want to have a scout with a heavy crossbow! I want slow reloading animation, but higher damage and armor penetration, long travel distance and faster travel time. High risk, high reward!

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Crossbow in Age of Conan used to have a knockdown ability, would knockdown multiple people in a given radius. It was never classified as Heavy Crossbow just Crossbow, its not clear what functionalities Crossbows in Ashes of Creation will have at launch.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • VKhatVKhat Member
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Ballista* with AoEs? I've seen this in another MMO and the class got removed. It was cool with magical explosions, dots and traps.

I don't want Ballistas, you can use siege weapons outside sieges or in the open world. That would break the game.
  • VKhatVKhat Member
    Neurath wrote: »
    Crossbow in Age of Conan used to have a knockdown ability, would knockdown multiple people in a given radius. It was never classified as Heavy Crossbow just Crossbow, its not clear what functionalities Crossbows in Ashes of Creation will have at launch.

Yeh, that sounds cool!
  • I don't know how I feel about machinery being in game.
    Crossbows and balista are pretty simplistic and awesome though, so doubt I'd complain!
  • VKhatVKhat Member
    VKhat wrote: »
    Ballista* with AoEs? I've seen this in another MMO and the class got removed. It was cool with magical explosions, dots and traps.

I don't want Ballistas, you can use siege weapons outside sieges or in the open world. That would break the game.

It can be a two handed weapon, but if you already know that, ok. I've never heard of heavy crossbow, so Ballista came to mind.

BlQbHnaAjIWleXgei6WtiroJPyx_qBVCb6PfX_IRU6weZnk-6Avnr1ZPjv28UT6G5mnY4e7sCMlVQC92Ae3nqVs19JWcy7-ER7VgK0M5Z7V0l9WiamvYDSCAzG5o7HXTEg5QKDde-Q
    Bonus
    9d90eb908e84570e131b16bb98a37247.jpg
    comitatusballista10.jpg

That's a heavy crossbow, this is a Ballista xD

Ballista_%28PSF%29_vector.svg
  • VKhatVKhat Member
    I don't know how I feel about machinery being in game.
    Crossbows and balista are pretty simplistic and awesome though, so doubt I'd complain!

Think of it as if you can spam a crossbow without much of a risk, heavy crossbow, each shot matters if you miss it's bad, if you don't, you have an advantage. Just a heavy crossbow.