Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of creation to a new long time lost MMO fans

Me and my friend been a long time player of MMORPG that have a good PVP system in mind, so naturally we played over 10+ of wow. I as a player being a part of the game since classic and always playing 1 class felt unheard, no one listened to my feedback (at blizzard) and I never had a chance to play Beta for new expansions. This may sound a bit redundant but I genially meant only the best for the game.
Cut the long story short, we seen this new project and intently fell in love to the point we wanted to buy the alpha and beta keys to help and shape it. So I got couple of questions:

1.) The current package (Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack ) hold some cosmetics, and we know that on 5th of august there will be new packs. Will the new pack stay same price and same services (alpha, beta keys, sub time, name reserve and etc) but will have different skins? Or will they be a completely new pack?
2.) With PVP in mind I couldn't help but to notice the few amount of skills during my many hours of different dev reviews of the game. I understand that game just passed alpha 1 and most of it will change but do you have any plans to extend the skills variations? to a point of having 2/3 bars filled with skills (like linage 2, FFXIV and WOW) or will it stick to this 1 bar which rotates (like ESO)?

Best Regards,
Alex and Mitch

Comments

• Options
    Night WingsNight Wings Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not a Intrepid employee soo don't quote me

Question 1: I believe so I personally haven't seen much change other then the cosmetic stuff, but the prices always seem to be the same I think. I personally don't see why they would change the price I think it would just make things more complicated and people may feel they been ripped if they did just my 2 cents.

Question 2: Uhh not to sure on this one. What I can tell you is that at a certain level you will be able to pick another class that will make your primary class skills change.

Example
    If a Fighter were to choose Mage as a secondary archetype, the fighter would become a Spellsword. This combination opens up augments that can be applied to skills in their primary skill tree. Fighters have a Rush skill that allows them to rush towards a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down. A Mage's escape augment could be applied to the rush skill, which would now teleport the player to the target; thus eliminating the charge time on the skill.

Classes picture

Ashes_of_Creation_Class_List.jpg

Source: Here

So even with 8 skills you will definitely stand out then the majority of your peer's

Regarding how the UI/Interface looks like I wouldn't considered that final project.

Hope this helps man! Hopefully you can get a direct post from an actual Intrepid employee as well.

How can I keep up with the latest news? Here
  • Options
    Hi there! Hopefully I can provide some help for your questions below:

1. Yup, your first statement is correct - everything else stays the same in those Pre-Order Packs each month (Alpha and Beta keys, game time, etc.), and the only items that swap out are the 6 cosmetic items (accessory, pet, mount, costume, vehicle, and building).
    2. You can check out more about where we've discussed skill numbers and skill bars/hotbars here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Skills#Active_skills

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist with!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.