Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Movement speed

Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I'm curious if movement speed will scale with your level and would there be buffs, spells or items to increase it?

Comments

• Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, I was looking at some of the abilities on the hunter class yesterday and I think I saw one that increased speed and removed cc.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • I do not thin AoC has this, but I would be nice if movement speed varied depending on the terrain you are on. For example roads would have a modifier of 1.0 where marsh might be 0.25, of course there could be race/mount benefits for different terrain
  • Nexmagus wrote: »
    I do not thin AoC has this, but I would be nice if movement speed varied depending on the terrain you are on. For example roads would have a modifier of 1.0 where marsh might be 0.25, of course there could be race/mount benefits for different terrain

It would actually a pain in the arse, ngl. Might be a cool RP element, but gameplay wise it's counterproductive.

Also, I hope it won't scale on lvl. Again maybe a nice RP thing, but obnoxious otherwise.
    Idm however set boni or buffs with movement increase.
  • I've read somewhere that movement speed may vary depending what class of armor you wear - Heavy, Medium, Light etc. But that may be old info from the beginning.
    Also, there will be classes and buffs that give movement, attack, cast speed, at least as of right now. This may change in the future of course.
  • Nexmagus wrote: »
    I do not thin AoC has this, but I would be nice if movement speed varied depending on the terrain you are on. For example roads would have a modifier of 1.0 where marsh might be 0.25, of course there could be race/mount benefits for different terrain

Oh, no... hindering movement speed may look fun at first glance but you'll regret it after a week. Even armor speed eventually feels uncomfortable.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • BobbyBickBobbyBick Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There's at least a few class skills that increase movement speed for a short time. I believe Bards have been said to have movement speed increasing songs (though unsure how their application works outside of combat).