Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The animations in the game

How will they look once finished?
I know the game is in early alpha but I'm getting a bit ahead now. I base most of my impressions on FFXIV and GW2; animation-wise they're very superior. You can sense the feeling of using a weapon and hitting enemies and taking damage and being CC'd. It's all very smooth, GW2 may be a little smoother in the animation department.

How do you guys think the final product will look like?
"Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫

Comments

• Options
    Awesome, probably.
  • Options
    LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    with the team invovled, you can expect something that beats out gw2's very outdated low-res texturing.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    All I want is to not be animation locked whenever I use an ability. Bigger abilities, yes; force me to stand still to execute them. But not smaller ones. And also, let me interrupt my own animations easily so I can dodge when I need to and not be forced to wait for the animation to finish. Tera among others made that mistake and I stopped playing because of that.
  • Options
    YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't believe there is alot to be worried about considering this game. The developers for this game burns with passion for MMO/RPG. Not just any successful developer is welcome to participate in the developing of AoC. This will be one hell of a contender in the MMO/RPG scene, and if they deliver what has been promised I will wholeheartedly give them all the support I can.
  • Options
    Lafi wrote: »
    with the team invovled, you can expect something that beats out gw2's very outdated low-res texturing.

Yeah, the texturing is awful but GW2 really shines in their movement system, so I expect AoC to either be similar to that or beat GW2 animation smoothness altogether!
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫