Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Healing Monsters

rodzorrodzor Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
Will healers be able to heal monsters and flag purple?

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Healers can flag purple yeah, personally I wouldn't flag purple for a monster even if I could.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Flag Purple is to become an Active Combatant. Not sure if you want the definition or were alluding to some other fancy.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • BirdieBirdie Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Flagging (purple) is when you attack a player that is not corrupted.
    If the other player does not attack back (doesn't flag) and you kill them, you will become corrupted (red)
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • hapyhapy Member
    Yea I wonder that too, in lineage 2 there were situations where enemy bishop healed world boss with skill that restores like 40+% of HP. That's just funny :smiley:
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    hapy wrote: »
    Yea I wonder that too, in lineage 2 there were situations where enemy bishop healed world boss with skill that restores like 40+% of HP. That's just funny :smiley:

See if that was an undead boss or demon then it would have hurt
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • So healers will be able to heal monsters as well? If so how would this work with AoE.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    EroValant wrote: »
    So healers will be able to heal monsters as well? If so how would this work with AoE.

It wouldnt.
    In the only game I have seen healers healing mobs, aoe healing was only available to group members (or in the case of one only class, alliance members [alliance = many friendly guilds]).
    So you see how, at least in that game, aoe healing wasnt an issue for healers, in regards to mobs and flagging.
  • UlfUlf Member
    In Lineage 2, if you were a healer, and wanted to grief or bully someone, you healed their mobs, for that you had to press CTRL ( like when you forced an engagement with another player ), That came at the cost of becoming purple and killable.
    FOeRqtf.jpg
  • 97349734 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Interesting concept, not sure it could work for AoC. Archeage allowed pirates to heal pirate world bosses but that was outside of a flag system as the NPCs were then considered friendly.
    An Esoteric Lynx!
    Discord: https://discord.gg/Axiom
    8zze0395w28i.png
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    9734 wrote: »
    Interesting concept, not sure it could work for AoC. Archeage allowed pirates to heal pirate world bosses but that was outside of a flag system as the NPCs were then considered friendly.

What makes you think that a healer can't mess with a player, by healing the mobs that player fights, while also the healer is flagging purple(combatant). It is an agressive action resulting in agressive state
  • rodzorrodzor Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    hapy wrote: »

See if that was an undead boss or demon then it would have hurt

Yea another mmorpg I played a long time ago used healing as a damage ability against undead mobs (Ragnarok Online). I like it and it adds some cool situations where a healer would be super useful for dps.