Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gliding Mounts

Will gliding mounts be a marketplace thing or will they obtainable in game? If so, how common are they going to be?

Most of the gliding mounts look EPIC, but one of them looks disturbing.

This one right here, https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Whispering_Watcher

Also, i'm not a big fan of combining animals with insect wings.

Specifically this one right here, https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Pridestalker

The concept looks interesting but i feel like the dragonfly wings just don't match beasts, like lions, very well. Like when I think of a flying/gliding lion, I imagine a lion with huge eagle-like wings. But the designers are probably experimenting at this stage, so its all cool.

Comments

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All mounts are only obtainable in game land water gliding what you see for sale in the cash shop are the skins you apply to an appropriate mount in game.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts

Remember the cash shop only has skins not actual mounts.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    Insects are animals.
    Leave butterfly-lion alone!
  • Options
    BirdieBirdie Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    HAHA I always found the Whispering watcher to be creepy and kinda disturbing but I like it.
    Also, as Varkun mentioned, all the mounts are obtainable ingame. You can ONLY purchase the skins.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    WDYM guys? Whispering Watcher looks badass.

As for the gliding mounts. Most of them will probably be obtainable from taming and animal husbandry.
    There might be a few very basic and weak gliding mounts available from stable-like NPCs, but we won't be sure until later stages of testing of the game.
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    Varkun wrote: »
    All mounts are only obtainable in game land water gliding what you see for sale in the cash shop are the skins you apply to an appropriate mount in game.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts

Remember the cash shop only has skins not actual mounts.
    Birdie wrote: »
    HAHA I always found the Whispering watcher to be creepy and kinda disturbing but I like it.
    Also, as Varkun mentioned, all the mounts are obtainable ingame. You can ONLY purchase the skins.
    phdmonster wrote: »
    WDYM guys? Whispering Watcher looks badass.

As for the gliding mounts. Most of them will probably be obtainable from taming and animal husbandry.
    There might be a few very basic and weak gliding mounts available from stable-like NPCs, but we won't be sure until later stages of testing of the game.

Thanks for telling me. Also, do you guys think that having mount and pet skins, in the marketplace, is a bad idea?

I absolutely support selling skins in the alpha packages. But i'm kind of against having it in game.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Also, do you guys think that having mount and pet skins, in the marketplace, is a bad idea?
    I think it's fine.

Every mount will have it's own appearance, it's not like you need to buy one.
  • Options
    Insects are animals.

you mean the butterflion?
  • Options
    3Snap3Snap Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    is gliding mounts what they're calling the royal flying mounts? Or is everyone able to get gliding mounts that literaly just glide and not fly?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Everyone can obtain a Gliding Mount, would only work from Higher Heights to lower levels. Royal Flying Mounts are for Castle Leaders and Metropolis Mayors and they'd be flying mounts.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Insects are animals.

you mean the butterflion?

LOL ... Iloveit.
  • Options
    3Snap wrote: »
    is gliding mounts what they're calling the royal flying mounts? Or is everyone able to get gliding mounts that literaly just glide and not fly?

There are both flying and gliding mounts, I think. I have no idea who gets gliding mounts or how rare they are.

I'm confused too. Halp!
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally I am not a huge cosmetics fan, once in a while I might find one that I like. Of the 5 I have purchased since KS 3 are mount skins 1 was the raven pet and the last was a shield skin.

Intrepid plan to have a large number of cosmetics along with the mounts pets weapons armour etc that will be obtained in game that will look just as cool as any cash shop skin costume or pet. While I would like to see the best looking items come from in game I realise the game needs to have a decent cash flow and many love to purchase cool looking items from a cash shop.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    Varkun wrote: »
    Personally I am not a huge cosmetics fan, once in a while I might find one that I like. Of the 5 I have purchased since KS 3 are mount skins 1 was the raven pet and the last was a shield skin.

Intrepid plan to have a large number of cosmetics along with the mounts pets weapons armour etc that will be obtained in game that will look just as cool as any cash shop skin costume or pet. While I would like to see the best looking items come from in game I realise the game needs to have a decent cash flow and many love to purchase cool looking items from a cash shop.

I know. I just wish there was an alternative.
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    3Snap wrote: »

Gliding mounts are obtainable in game. Someone told me that those who are animal breeders can get these mounts. I don't know know if the animal breeder can sell them or not, but I think they will be able to.

WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIT.

THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE A LION WITH INSECT WINGS. ITS BECAUSE AN ANIMAL BREEDER BRED A LION WITH A DRAGONFLY.

That makes sense now.
  • Options
    Gliding mounts sounds pretty cool. Noice.