Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Keep some mystery

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Great to hear the NDA will be lifted and that players will be able to share content and stream.

For players, like myself, I watch for any content that is shown all the time and have followed since the begining but feel a sense of a conflict in interest.
If I want to know what the game is going to be but also want some mystery of seeing and experiencing things for the first time then sure I could stop reading and watching but what I would prefer is perhaps portions of the game that are still gated and/or under NDA so that there is still some new content for all to see and feel for the first time upon release.

Comments

• Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    They did say that. Certain portions of Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 will be under NDA until beta/launch to maintain mystery. I don't remember where exactly I read this though.
  • Options
    NamilNamil Member
    Well, I think the great part about AoC is that most things you experience in the game will be so dynamic per player's experience. There's no linear path to get to where you need to go or knowing where you need to be when you start out because the world will be so different per server. Usually I don't like spoiling content in games before I play them either but just remember that whatever you watch won't be the same when you eventually get to play for yourself.

Chances are there will still be lots of architecture that you haven't seen for yourself and exploring all of that will also be great fun.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven has said numerous times that some quest lines and lore will in effect just be place holder until launch or near launch to help maintain some of the mystery.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Varkun wrote: »
    Steven has said numerous times that some quest lines and lore will in effect just be place holder until launch or near launch to help maintain some of the mystery.

Indeed.

This is in place not just to make the discovery of the games lore more interesting, but also to lessen the advantage players that participate in beta will have when the game launches.

I can imagine players that are unaware that this will happen will spend hours looking for a quest that was there in beta.