Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Suggestion] In Node Resource Buildings?

[Suggestion 1]
So, we already know there will be a variety of options when it comes to buildings available to be built by mayors of nodes.
How about buildings that are obviously dependent on the location of the node and the environment, that gather a certain resource for the Node to utilize.

Example:
The settlement of a Node is located near a forest or a small quarry and the mayor gets the option to build a lumbermill or a stonemasonry? (or whatever it's called). Every 24 hours said building would generate some amount of resource for the Node and the mayor can utilize that towards other buildings.

Have 1 or multiple options for such buildings depending on the location of the settlement, but limit it to only being able to have 1 such building at all times. So if having a lumbermill, quarry, fishing boats, hunter cabins, a mine, the mayor can only build 1 of those

[My second suggestion]
Special buildings again available to the mayor because of the location of the settlement that provide a special resource.

Example:
The settlement is located near a forest with a very big population of silk spiders. This unlocks a special building which if built, players can both refine spider silk they have gathered (but let's assume not everyone is a gatherer and knows where they can find this resource) and every so often the NPC would have some spider silk available for sale.

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Your first suggestion seems kinda pointless as it takes away from the gameplay of the actual players. The second suggestion I like a bit more as it rewards players for choosing their node in a way that is engaging.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Your first suggestion seems kinda pointless as it takes away from the gameplay of the actual players. The second suggestion I like a bit more as it rewards players for choosing their node in a way that is engaging.

You may be right. I like my second suggestion more as well, seems to offer more to the game as a whole.

On the first one, my idea is more like a very small passive resource income (let's way some type of wood), that just helps a little bit in gathering resources for buildings. Although even if it's allows a mayor to basically remove the wood cost from a building every 6 months, that's still a lot. Yea..