[Suggestion] 'Ironman'

A very cool feature and endgame providing goals of RuneScape is the Ironman status.

Easier to implement:
A title, or symbol at your name you keep as long as you have never died!

Bit harder:
Same as above but unable to trade or pick up things you haven't dropped/earned yourself.

It's just a simple title or symbol that gives you no bonuses what so ever besides something to brag about.
A very simple way to provide endgame goals. I believe this challenges and keeps veteran players motivated and provides some nice content possibilities for content creators.

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I thought about an Ironman character. I later learnt it might be difficult to progress in a solo way. You can't really Ironman in a game where everyone's actions combine to cause effects. Ironman often means no interactions with others and I don't see how Ironman would be true to form in Ashes. You might be able to tell I went off the idea. Couldn't be bothered with all the feedback of 'Its not Ironman!'
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Fairly sure that symbol would just make you a target for other players.

no one would keep it very long.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is that not just corruption?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    No Nagash, it's not. Because most of the items are crafted, unless you can solo craft everything you can't Ironman. You can't buy from Auction Houses either, and to my knowledge, most mobs won't drop Gold or Weapons (Some higher ones might). If you can't trade with anyone, can't protect a caravan alone and cant wear anything other than what you create yourself, you can see why I abandoned the Ironman Challenge.

Edit: You can't even use Mail, or Alts either in Ironman. Ashes is not conducive to Ironman Challenges simply because the parameters aren't there for a viable run through. Ironman in Ashes would literally be beyond insane difficulty, I doubt one would last long.

Double Edit: If you did try to craft everything alone, you wouldn't be able to obtain all of the relevant materials without interactions with others (Includes Alts). So Ironman Challenge means no weapons can be created without violation of the Hardcore Covenant.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • I like the idea behind the idea, but ... in an open-pvp world, seeing someone with this ironman title is just too tempting a target... they would get murdered immediately.

NEVER died? We'll see about that. *Flag*
  • tugowartugowar Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Alternative suggestion, if you go 1 to 50 leveling without dying, then you get the title

Virtue is the only good.
  • tugowar wrote: »
    Alternative suggestion, if you go 1 to 50 leveling without dying, then you get the title

Oooh. Yeah. That works!
    No one can tell you're hunting the achievement either, so they can't go out of their way to ruin it for you.

I like it!
  • LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    i always liked OSRS' ironman ec. however this game really will require you to rely on other players. especially from a crafting perspetcive, you cannot do everything to the maximum tier on 1 character.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm sad I thought this was going to be something about dwarf crafting including tech
  • AmelAmel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You really want to ironman in a game where reaching max level can take over 200h?
  • Amel wrote: »
    You really want to ironman in a game where reaching max level can take over 200h?

ye
  • That's exactly the point. It's crazy difficult, but people will always find a way to show it off. (Crazy people)
    While it doesn't disrupt other gameplay.