Regarding mounts and the limit on flying mounts

Valento92Valento92 Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I love it. I hope they never go back on this decision. Things happen so fast when everyone's flying back and forth, and it's somewhat so annoying that it takes the shine of the world. This is a one big fat plus to me.
"Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫

Comments

• Same.
  • AlizeeAlizee Member
    edited August 2020
    I think it might be overpowered in one aspect, Steven mentioned when you sell monster certificates the price increases the further away you sold from that monster's location, so wouldn't someone with a flying mount just bypass the caravan system and danger of travelling so far away from your main node, as far as I know there's no way to damage someone on a flying mount or stop them.

4622.gif
  • Alizee wrote: »
    I think it might be overpowered in one aspect, Steven mentioned when you sell monster certificates the price increases the further away you sold from that monster's location, so wouldn't someone with a flying mount just bypass the caravan system and danger of travelling so far away from your main node, as far as I know there's no way to damage someone on a flying mount or stop them.

There's only like 10-20 people with flying mounts, ever, at one time... and you can't carry much on yourself, so they'd have to constantly be going back and forth and ignoring their leadership duties, which means they will lose their flying mount pretty quickly.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Agreed it just adds to the feel of the world
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NetoryNetory Member
    I'm still kinda worried about gliding mounts being widely available.
    0sGgchB.png
  • XraelXrael Member
    Netory wrote: »

I don't think you have to be. Gliding mounts will probably only be able to glide from higher terrain to lower terrain. I doubt they'll let you glide unless you're doing so from a significant height, like a mountain.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    Netory wrote: »

I don't think you have to be. Gliding mounts will probably only be able to glide from higher terrain to lower terrain. I doubt they'll let you glide unless you're doing so from a significant height, like a mountain.

Watch me move 0.5m at a time by jump-glide spamming