Node system and government

Hello, i'm gonna cut the chase

I think the mayor system is not very good, it would be cool if we could be real kings and make kingdoms, empires with
cities that we can personalize mixing various types of economic / military facilities, (like real cities).

Specializing nodes in my opinion don't make them much immersive.

Imagine you being a king with a huge capital, dukes, lord etc.....A immersive politics, war, country administration system. i think this ''real life'' aspect would be really badass, i never see any mmorpg with this and even witht he ashes of creation current proposal.

If the devs read the light novel called overgeared they could take some cool ideas about that system in the novel, the novel presents a really interesting world with a lot of possibilities.

To finish, English is not my main language and maybe this is already in the game and i haven't understood.

Comments

• GoaBGoaB Member
    I mean...... That's a whole different game my man. What you are proposing is to rewrite the entire game.
    The game is what it is, and I'm pretty happy with it tbh.
  • Gladiador wrote: »

I think the mayor system is not very good, it would be cool if we could be real kings and make kingdoms, empires with
    cities that we can personalize mixing various types of economic / military facilities, (like real cities).

Imagine you being a king with a huge capital, dukes, lord etc.....A immersive politics, war, country administration system. i think this ''real life'' aspect would be really badass, i never see any mmorpg with this and even witht he ashes of creation current proposal.

If the devs read the light novel called overgeared they could take some cool ideas about that system in the novel, the novel presents a really interesting world with a lot of possibilities.

To finish, English is not my main language and maybe this is already in the game and i haven't understood.

if you want that, the game isn't for you
  • GoaB wrote: »
    I mean...... That's a whole different game my man. What you are proposing is to rewrite the entire game.
    The game is what it is, and I'm pretty happy with it tbh.

I understant, i'm happy with the game too, i would just like to see he being immersive in that way too. They don't need to rewrite the game, is just a expanded political system.
  • Gladiador wrote: »

Your opinion is very biased man, you are talking nonsense, you don't even know what i like to tell something like that. I'm proposing just a expanded political / economical system, this would be a step up in a mmo and not a different game.
  • There are kings, all 5 of them, every "economical region" in the world will have a corresponding castle to it, and a guild leader that owns the castle is crowned the king of that region until he loses control over his guild, or his castle.
    So in a way it does kinda work the way you want it to work, couse under the castle region you can have different villages and cities with different progression routes.
  • winner909098winner909098 Member
    edited July 2020
    Gladiador wrote: »
    Gladiador wrote: »

Your opinion is very biased man, you are talking nonsense, you don't even know what i like to tell something like that. I'm proposing just a expanded political / economical system, this would be a step up in a mmo and not a different game.

The node system is not going to be changed. It is already innovative, but they wont completely add another part of the game.
  • All of this exists in the game, just not as official systems. Metro nodes will have forced vassilization of everything within their ZOI

The castles have static Castle regions, the monarch has forced taxes on them and can provide them with buffs The monarch can provide buffs to the entirety of his castle region (20%) of a map
    Players have to work out the relationships between Castles,Metro, Cities, and all their vassals to create kingdoms- there is no forced way for a castle to exert political power other than taxes and crop roations (that we know of)

Metro's have the highest and most expansive in-game level of forced power on other nodes

• darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its already going to take 5+ years with the current systems to make this game (from the 2017 kickstarter date, not from today) adding even more complex systems, trying to balance them, and fix bugs would add years to the project. It would be cool and all but I'm not getting any younger here and want to play the game sometime before I retire lol.
  • DutharDuthar Member
    There are 5 castles that can be captured and controlled by guilds, who will have influence over the nodes within their sphere of influence, set taxes, etc. In effect, a kingdom.