Crafting: Food/Drink/Rations

Will food/rations/survival be included in AoC? If so, to what extent? Also, will there be a use for campfires, wagons, and crafting systems that are implemented in relation to this? For example finding raw venison (deer meat) or rothe (underdark food) or boar meat and cooking it in a pot at a campfire to create food. And wine, distillaries, alcohol, ale, whiskey, spider venom whiskey, etc? Will houses have utilization in regards to this? All under crafting / culinary. Please comment.

Comments

• SamsonSamson Member
    edited July 2020
    I know this doesn't answer all of your questions that you presented but it at least provides a little tidbit on how Steven and the devs want the food system to work.

Steven talked a little bit about the cooking/food system today on the AoC channel on twitch. I have included a 60 second clip of the stream for your reference. He mentioned that depending on how food dishes are prepared (via certain ovens or whatnot) will affect the food buff duration. Also, he mentioned that players will have the opportunity to construct taverns on their freeholds and food consumed from these taverns can potentially grant buffs to players that are hunting within the area of these particular taverns.

Here is the clip from today's live stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyInspiringIcecreamWTRuck
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • I dont think you need food to survive in this.