Casters should actually use their weapons

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
In many MMO:s, casters just wear their weapons cosmetically. Usually a staff just sits at the back. Please, give us casters believable weapon animations!

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have just look at APOC
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • SamsonSamson Member
    Marzzo wrote: »
    In many MMO:s, casters just wear their weapons cosmetically. Usually a staff just sits at the back. Please, give us casters believable weapon animations!

To add to this Marzzo, I have noticed that the characters weapons do not show at all when the characters are out of battle (i.e. staves, shields and swords do not show at all). I hope this changes as the testing starts to ramp up and not a design choice.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    They have just look at APOC

In the 4k footage I was not satisfied. Also, currently, some weapons don't even show out of combat. Probably because of alpha but I just want to be sure they know we want to see them
  • SamsonSamson Member
    Haha, yes. We are on the same page. :)
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • If I can fire lightning out of a sword I will seriously consider changing class.
  • to tact onto this, I think it would be interesting for weapon classes to choose where their weapons are displayed when not in combat. Like a fighter could choose if they have their sword on their hip, or across their back, or sideways on their waist.
    E8OOol.gif
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Melaleuca wrote: »
    If I can fire lightning out of a sword I will seriously consider changing class.

Believe they said mage as your sub class will add elements to your weapon based attacks. Like flaming sword for fighter/mage
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If I can fire lightning out of a sword I will seriously consider changing class.
    “I shall call you... The Shocker!”

Hhak63P.png
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

madduckposters-gimenez_full.jpg

Thou would be dubbed He-Man lol
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif