"We want feedback from others in different mmo's"

hello, i am the foxing. i've been a casual to hardcore top 50 raider in world of warcraft, very high mmr in various moba's, and genuinely bored of first person shooters because they're too easy when i was at my "peak" when i played them outside the occasional warframe. I enjoy challenging games that give a challenge that's meant to be overcome with skill, planning, and not just trial and error patience such as "dark souls this, dark souls that". if something takes a long time to complete that doesn't mean it is difficult.

my theorycrafting data, and suggestions have influenced WoW's hunter development in the last 2 expansions after their "hunter rework" failed miserably; albeit warped in what the exact mechanics should've been they are the suggestions i've made, and have been giving feedback as a alpha, beta tester for WoW (necessary for being a top performer aside from feedback). the theorycrafted data and information during WoW's legion expansion was taken word for word, number for number from the feedback i gave on the PTR iteration. i wish i could link these for confirmatory evidence but they've recently swapped to a newer forum and everything before late legion has been wiped clean from the forums.
[ex. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762068138 - goes nowhere ]

so what's my feedback to ashes of creation?

the same i've given to just about everything else i've played... if the core gameplay of combat, and class mechanics aren't fun, satisfying, or enjoyable to play then it's entirely irrelevant if you've got the literal perfect design in systems because if there's nothing you want to play baseline, the vessel in which you experience the rest of the world's content then it's pointless.

i've really only kept playing WoW because simply put no other game seems to understand how combat is meant to flow. there's nothing in ANY other game that comes close to wow's combat systems for PvE. it's a very fast OR slow paced combat revolving around 1-1.5 second global cooldowns that can be altered to be faster while having simple specs alongside more complex ones and having actual utility between each class so you don't just always want whatever does the most output at any given circumstance.

this is why i don't play final fantasy 14 which overall has much better philosophy to their content in which regardless of what time you quit or started playing you have to do every bit of content. however it's too slow at 2.5 gcd with skill bloat to be fun, and the classes are designed around that very casual and slow combat pace that no challenge is given, and no reward is ever given because at no point do you feel accomplished that you performed well. the same with the current iteration in world of warcraft since legion... everything is painfully simple while RNG dictates your performance and even tho i'm an extremely great player at wow regardless how much effort, planning, and utilization i do will result in any meaningful difference in my performance.
[ex. legion during progress in nighthold i got rank 1 dps as a fire mage but my item level was 12 under the next lowest person in my top 50 guild (which was only 3 nights a week raiding 4 hours a night) simply an empty victory with 3 times the average proc rate of the legendary bracers]

the combat that i've seen so far is a lot like archeage and i personally didn't like archeage as it was extremely rigid in choice, clunky, slow, and extremely unsatisfying.

Comments

• UmataUmata Member
    Yes the combat is the sistem that most worries me at the moment. A game lives or dies based on combat alone a lot of the times.
    Join our Pirate Crew : the Sharktooth Pirates! Let's have an adventure on the seas of Verra and kill our enemies!

https://discord.gg/gFuVBPdBRa
  • I can't go that far as I'm mostly casual/midcore but I agree nonetheless. Combat fluidity can make or break a game, regardless of how cool it looks or how many social systems are in place.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫