Theorycrafting: Class Augmentations Combos

GenaroGenaro Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
No source of information yet reveals what are the skills for all of the each individual classes (some of them were already revealed at the Alpha state, in which can be found at AoC Wiki) and not even how the, so called, 'schools' of each secondary/sub class will augment your primary.

Which creative combos can you guys already imagine that could be interesting to play with? Which ones do you imagine that can be the best/worst?

For me, I really would like to see combos for the Cultist class (Rogue/Cleric), in which I can imagine that being something like damaging your target with poisons/bleed/DoTs and, as an augmented skill, part of the damage would return to you as healing/HoT, while the character holds a dagger in the main hand and a chalice in off hand. Also, a buff that grant you some kind of benefit (damage, atk spd, etc.) by the cost of you applying a DoT to yourself, like offering your own blood to the gods in exchange for power. For those who played at the old days, I really can imagine the Cultist being something like the Disciple of Khaine in Warhammer Online.

Comments

• I'd be very interested in seeing the Battle Mage with all their spells being cast at melee distance from their sword strikes. Vastly increased elemental damage from swings or being able to cast AoE spells centered on self.
    E8OOol.gif
  • GenaroGenaro Member
    I'd be very interested in seeing the Battle Mage with all their spells being cast at melee distance from their sword strikes. Vastly increased elemental damage from swings or being able to cast AoE spells centered on self.

I'm a huge fan of Battle Mages too! It's kinda rare to see them in MMORPGs. For me, one of the coolest classes, in the Battle Mage theme, that I've played in all the MMORPG genre is the Force Blader, from Cabal Online. What a badass class. The Sword/Dagger Elementalist from GW2 it's preetty nice too!

From what Steven already of said, a Fighter can augment his Charge ability with the teleportation school from Mage, so the ability, instead of having a travel time, it would instantaneously reach the target. In that sense, I can also imagine Charge being augmented with Elementalist/Fire school, in which you rush at an enemy and explode in flames on hit, damaging everyone nearby.