Extending subscription for in-game currency!

Hello, I'm here to suggest or just talk about something that might help some people out, such as myself.
I'm currently 18 and 2 out of 4 years in to programming school, due to various reasons, I'm unable to get myself a job right now and all the money I get from my studies gets put forward to things such as basic living costs, food and now I'm saving up for a drivers license.
I wanted to suggest implomenting something similar to a WoW-Token in AoC, so I could pay for the first month of the sub, but continue playing purely off of in-game money or actions or something, just so I can continue playing, but wouldn't place myself in a financial risk. Has anything like this been considered? Any interest of implomenting it?

Comments

• NiraadaNiraada Member
    edited July 2020
    Selling in game currency for money is pay to win. Intrepid has been pretty vocally against the practice.
  • Keeping a barrier to entry keeps a lot of bad actors and toxic elements at bay. A subscription only cost is already very fair, especially when considering that those costs are being harmonised by region, ensuring that it remains reasonably within reach.

I definitely get not having a lot of extra money being a student, and I feel for you. It might be worth putting money aside where and as you can up until launch so that you have a chance to fund your subscription for a while without impacting your studies.

Game should be out in a few years. :)
  • Okay, Niraada's point seems the best.
    I do completely agree that only a subscription fee sounds very fair and I am planning to save up a lil' bit for a few months of subscription. They might get lowered depending on region, but I'm in the EU, so I think a set price of 13-15 euros will be for me as well.
    I'm just suggesting possibly awarding no-lifers with extended subscription. :smile:
    But I understand if they choose not to.