Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pure classes

So I was looking through classes in this game and I noticed you can actually double down on your class and chose it again at lvl 25. As a Permanent Rogue player I was wondering how good these "pure" builds are because from the look of things the hybrid builds seem to be more flexible and offer more utility overall.

one last question : will we have Rondel Daggers in this game ? because If i ever go the assassin build I would want one of those.

Comments

• Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Keep in mind while we think we get to modify about 4 skills maybe more with subclass you also get to modify some with race/religion/node/drops/quests. I think subclass also give a tree modification not sure if the others do or not. But keep in mind taking mage/mage vs mage/bard even taking the mage as 2ndary is still going to give you some modifiers and a tree that you would not have as bard 2ndary.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think secondary classes will actually overhaul you into a new class. Steven was discussing how it simply exists to augment your main class. It's meant to tip the scales a little bit in another direction and add some flavor/utility.

I liked how they handled subclasses in Lineage 2, where you would actually level the subclass on its own. The higher your subclass got, the more augment abilities you could apply to your main. I'm curious if our secondary class will be similar to how L2 handled it, or just new page to choose skill augments for our main with.
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Keep in mind while we think we get to modify about 4 skills maybe more with subclass you also get to modify some with race/religion/node/drops/quests. I think subclass also give a tree modification not sure if the others do or not. But keep in mind taking mage/mage vs mage/bard even taking the mage as 2ndary is still going to give you some modifiers and a tree that you would not have as bard 2ndary.

Religions don't augment your abilities vertically. Most of the vertical progression is gained by leveling up.

What religions and other societies do is they augment your abilities horizontally, i.e gives them certain effects during sieges and other events.
  • Options
    DeJokeDeJoke Member
    yeah i would be interesting to hear from a staff member about this too. As if you're a mage and can blink, and now you can double blink? Cast your fireball and it blinks to the enemy? I wonder how it would work tbh. doubling down on a rogue does sound like something I would do, but a blink move is very strong so I could see myself going a rogue then mage as I feel like it would be faster than going 2x rogue, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how great doubling down on a class really is.
    Aspiring Author, Streamer, and Game Developer.

Twitch
    Twitter
  • Options
    Hi there! Be sure to stay tuned for upcoming class blogs and videos in the lead-up to future testing, as we'll be revealing more of the details behind how these archetype and skill dynamics work!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with on this topic!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.