I'm hopeful this will be anti zoomer

From everything I'm seeing about the game and the many roles people will need to play for you and others to succeed, makes me believe this will finally be a game the zoomers won't ruin. I'm actually tired of the community of people who feel like they need to race through everything and be boosted through everything. I'm sure there will still be many people rushing as fast as they can when the game releases to max level and it understandable because of the excitement, but I don't think the rest of the game will be able to be sped through because of the need for many other players to build and create things for you. So I can say I'm excited and hope the game is successful and the combat is good.

Comments

• Why is your definition of an enjoyable game the correct one? I don't race to complete everything either, but I see no issue in others enjoying it from that perspective. Slower paced or not, people will still race to get there first and they absolutely should be allowed to.

Part of this game's foundation is player agency and, "not everyone is a winner". I love that so much about this game and hope everyone can get something they want from it. <3
  • Kilroko wrote: »
    Why is your definition of an enjoyable game the correct one? I don't race to complete everything either, but I see no issue in others enjoying it from that perspective. Slower paced or not, people will still race to get there first and they absolutely should be allowed to.

Part of this game's foundation is player agency and, "not everyone is a winner". I love that so much about this game and hope everyone can get something they want from it. <3

I'm not saying I'm correct, but a community driven game falls apart when the community is all about doing everything the fastest. I'm sure the game will have something for everyone, but when it comes to a whole community of zoomers the game dies because they start ignoring a big portion of the game making new players unable to feel apart of the community. Just look at all the other MMO's that released, everyone raced to the end and then got angry and left when they didn't have anything else to do lol. It's been the curse of MMO's for a long time :)
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Member
    edited April 15
    From everything I'm seeing about the game and the many roles people will need to play for you and others to succeed, makes me believe this will finally be a game the zoomers won't ruin. I'm actually tired of the community of people who feel like they need to race through everything and be boosted through everything. I'm sure there will still be many people rushing as fast as they can when the game releases to max level and it understandable because of the excitement, but I don't think the rest of the game will be able to be sped through because of the need for many other players to build and create things for you. So I can say I'm excited and hope the game is successful and the combat is good.

You can't go back in time. Its why this game is already doa. Right or wrong whats going to happen is some servers will be faster and more efficient at unlocking things. People will migrate to these servers over time, leaving dead realms.

And yes, I get that there is not technically a correct way to unlock nodes, but that wont stop the majority of people from complaining when they hear about other realms being faster. You cant stop the meta.

I think you are wrong. Popping nodes to max isn't going to be a quick process. I'm pretty sure you won't see a node maxed on day one. Servers will have caps too, so good luck on transferring to one because it's doing something faster.

I'm not understanding why you are here or posting on the forums if you think the game is DoA already? Kind of silly to me to invest time in a game you think is already dead. I wish the best for you, hopefully you'll find that perfect game that has everything you like. Good luck in your endeavors.
  • LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Kilroko wrote: »
    Why is your definition of an enjoyable game the correct one? I don't race to complete everything either, but I see no issue in others enjoying it from that perspective. Slower paced or not, people will still race to get there first and they absolutely should be allowed to.

One of my favorite lines from West World is "Winning doesn't mean anything if someone isn't losing."
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited July 2020
    Nodes can't be maxed on day 1. There are built in time delays between node stages so the best you can get on day 1 is a level 2 node. Depending on what "many days" turns out to be, maybe after 1 week you can get to level 4, several more weeks for a city, and even more for a metro. But this is assuming those player will be sitting around the same region for all of their leveling in an attempt to level just that one node. That could either be boring or not efficient leveling so they may be moving around to different parts of the world and that node won't get leveled that fast.

But don't forget you need enough players to get those nodes leveled up. The fast levelers will need to wait for enough people to catch up in order to level up nodes to a decent point. I don't know what other content they can do with low level nodes to level, but there will be some limits built in. Remember, this game was built as more of a community and group game. No player can do it all on their own.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_advancement