Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are you looking forward to the most?

CrocosCrocos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Haven't seen a post like this in a while, so to all new and old what are you looking foward to the most? ^^

For me personally I'm super looking foward to the node system and the conflicts which will emerge around it. The guilds vying for control over difference resources and nodes is going to be super fun to participate in.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm looking forward to PvP situations where my allies are being beaten and I turn up and turn the tide with Heals. Though, after hearing Bards can also proc Heals (Not to the extent of the Cleric), I may choose Bard instead of Cleric so I can buff people and heal them with the procs in the same situation.

The situation is quite a niche situation but its one of my favourite times in PvP.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to PvP situations where my allies are being beaten and I turn up and turn the tide with Heals. Though, after hearing Bards can also proc Heals (Not to the extent of the Cleric), I may choose Bard instead of Cleric so I can buff people and heal them with the procs in the same situation.

The situation is quite a niche situation but its one of my favourite times in PvP.

Why not just do Bard/cleric
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Why not just do Bard/cleric

I had to check the class lists - Soul Weaver does sound rather good. Thank you for the suggestion ;)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The world and the lore
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I'm really excited for the dynamic Raids and World Boss Monsters! I hope to someday be able to own a legendary item!
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    forshforsh Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm looking forward to having a real MMORPG to play not a participation trophy MMO like like most in the genre are now. I used to play EQ from 2000-2007 and part of my day was doing things with my guild, there was real involvement members needed to have to be in guilds, and I hope this game has that type of atmosphere. A community driven world.
  • Options
    XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm looking forward the most to the dynamic content in both PvE, PvP, and other events. That is, instead of the same dungeons, daily quests, battlegrounds, etc. over and over, each of these will change over time to provide new and different challenges and content.
  • Options
    HeartbeatHeartbeat Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Leveling up nodes and fighting over areas of the world with my guild, i'm hoping the combat more than anything feels good to play with.
  • Options
    Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm excited to explore the world, lore and the gathering professions!
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    Owning a house with my SO, and becoming a powerful crafting couple.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ashes of Creation. That is what I am looking forward to the most.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar
  • Options
    Double Decker DylanDouble Decker Dylan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Politics
    Guild Politics
    PvP

I enjoy the idea of employing coercion and subterfuge in the game. It's appealing. I want to be the spider controlling a vast web.
  • Options
    CemmosCemmos Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Learning the ins and outs of my class (and as much as I can about the other ones, since that matters).

And beards in character creation. :*
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    exwifeexwife Member
    boats, boats, and more boats
  • Options
    Alpha Two
  • Options
    Living alone in the wilderness and discovering how interesting that will be.
    Yes, I realize it is an MMO but who cares?

Maybe I'll open a smithy in the wilderness to help questing players...
    "Don't be hasty."
  • Options
    I am looking forward to the soft friction, something that I really miss in retail WoW.
    Xvg0iN1.png
  • Options
    The immersion and investment in your character/world.
    I can't wait for my settlement to be wrecked by a neighbouring city and start a revenge campaign for instance. In many games RP rarely feels satisfying due to the players not experiencing what an RP'er is trying to envision. But I can totally see a non-RP guild wanting to start a war with another guild, just for the reason of "revenge", instead of "this wil get me a better rating/loot".
  • Options
    volshvolsh Member
    I love healing, always have, always will despute the challenges that come with it (and the occasional abuse) so for me I'm looking forward to going flat out on being a full-on healer although i do have some reservations if this class will actually be required as from what I've read so far ppl will opt for a healer/buffer and not someone furhter back chucking out bad-ass heals
  • Options
    ZoMarleyZoMarley Member
    edited July 2020
    What isn't there to be excited about!
    • I'm excited about server community meaning something; servers being different based on player decisions, and the pvp/node choices.
    • I'm excited about the vision the creative director has. The few videos I've watched have been so spot on for an older gamer. I feel like someone with this dedication, openness and leadership is what every gaming company needs heading their decisions.
    • Weird small things... the DnD feel the game has from an RP perspective; the group size. 8-people party, 16-people party, and 40-people party; how big the world feels; ground mounts for the majority.
    • I'm thrilled with the idea of having the multiple class choices! Going back to that DnD feel, I believe the class selection really makes you create the character you want. I'm hoping other decisions, like religion and race, deeply affect your character's feel.
    For the multi-classes, I am concerned about balancing. In a way, I wish there was a way to not have 'pure' classes, as I feel like these will be obvious choices while hybrids are considered shunned except for a few min-max situations. If multiple secondary options are available/easily changed after you've leveled, I don't see this being as big of an issue. But having only that one secondary option and it turning out to be bad, that's deflating (especially considering the amount of leveling time you put into your character).
  • Options
    I have no freaking idea!!!
    I will see what the game has to offer. I'm not good at PvP, but I like the concept of the game.
    I think I will probably be a gatherer because resources will be hard to come by and I'll be able to get good money.
    But since I plan on playing a Cleric I'm not sure how smart would be to be a gatherer, so I need to pay attention to that.
    Join a Guild, be a citizen, have a freehold, dabble in real state if possible
    Do everything I can, to the max!
  • Options
    DraugShadeDraugShade Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can't wait to go explore the world. Hear a rumor of a rare plant to gather at the top of a mountain on the edge of a node?? Get a group and go find out if it's true!
    Come, join Axiom, we know where the sandals are...**

Discord: https://discord.gg/VEYE5PX

We don't actually know where the sandals are, but we'll still speculate where they might be with you!
  • Options
    I want to start the game, get right on training my cooking and my main goal is to open up my own tavern and serve food and rest to all the adventurers.
  • Options
    MalcMalc Member
    By far I am looking forward to actually feeling like there's a community in an MMO again! The focus that guilds will have shall bring people together, which is exactly what I play for :)
    kNfIFH6.gif
  • Options
    Epic adventures
    New worlds
    No hand-handholding
    Great community
    OCD-level inventory management