Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just throwing my dumb ideas about the game to anyone who wants to read them :) pt1

SUMMONER IDEAS
-The summoner should have plant type summons. It would be cool that it could summon plants aside of animals and it would be a perfect fit for the summoner/tank class for example were you could be able to summon trees with minimun attack capacity but big resistance.
-It would be also nice if summoner could take control of monsters via mind-controlling parasites. It would be a cool alternative to necromancers so the players have more to choose from.
-To make the class more dinamic it could be an ability that sacrifices your summons to give you a temporal buff (berseker ability). After the buff you would be completely f**k because you would be a summoner with any summon. Maybe it would be too strong from a tactical viewpoint but it would be hella fun.

BARD IDEAS
-If you playerd any FromSoftware games you sure have seen lore introduction via items and etc.. I though that bard abilities could follow this path by making some of his abilities popular or ancient songs which contained sweet lore. Progresing with the bard archetype should give you the popular songs and ancient songs could be obtainable through high-level quest. There could also be songs that needs to be perfomed by duets or even full orchestas to have that full effect. I think this game needs some type of combo abilities between different people because of the relevance of massive pvp such as node and castle siege. (GENERAL IDEA: guilds could have coordinated unlockeable abilites in their progession tree)

P.D.: I know that most of those ideas are not achievable in game but just thinking fo them in my head is so fun.
P.P.D: I put pt1 above in the title because probably i'll be having more ideas before I'm ableto play the game and maybe i post them.

Comments

• Options
    BulegoBulego Member
    Part two

-Crime. Thievery beetwen players should a feature. It would enchance the rol and in-game inmersion aspacts of the game. But i recognize that gameplay wise it wouldn't be that great. Also it shouldn't be locked to the rogue archetype. To try to recover you stolen goods you would have to visit an NPC that gives hints (like the location of the item, who might have it, ...). As a minigame it could be fun and it would contribute to the social layer of the game.

-Musical intruments as an horizontal progession system for bards would be amazing. It would be like a passive tree that gives you bonuses depending on the intruments that your character plays. It also could be done that to get to the top of the bard archetype you have to master all intruments. As another step to the apex would be a mission that required you to play music in the metropolis biggest in front of a number of players, maybe with a requirement of playing to a king or a high position bishop...
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like it when summoners can sacrifice their minions for other benefits, and the benefit scaling with the value of the summon they sacrificed.

The flagging system allows you to commit crime - you can try to kill anyone and loot their gatherables (not their equipment). You just get punished heavily if the other person doesn't fight back.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Aside from the plant (Come on Demon World Flower), the summoner ideas appear to heavily expand what the summoner is from the base role. It may work but hard to see them expanding that far at least on release.

Having the Lore in Bard Song forms could work but as far as I know we have zero clues on how bard performances will go, though putting the lore into songs that are also good... I'd expect they would need to expand the music team sooner than later.

Good news is that Steven has spoken of classes having a capacity for working together in earlier live streams, for example 8 summoners summoning a 'Seige Golem'. So I'd expect bard chorus, tank formations, or mage circles.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I actually liked all of your ideas except for the thievery one. I don't want to have to worry about every single person being able to steal from me. It would be amazing for a day and then annoying over 5+ years haha.

Berserk summoner would be SICK. Maybe don't give the summoner the option to kill their own summons but if a summon dies, they passively get enraged gaining buffs depending on the type of summon that died. This would be.....BAD ASS.

I really wish Bards have the option to have several different instruments and that they make their own sounds. This would be a really cool attention to detail by Intrepid!
  • Options
    Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Bulego wrote: »
    Part two

-Crime. Thievery beetwen players should a feature. It would enchance the rol and in-game inmersion aspacts of the game. But i recognize that gameplay wise it wouldn't be that great. Also it shouldn't be locked to the rogue archetype. To try to recover you stolen goods you would have to visit an NPC that gives hints (like the location of the item, who might have it, ...). As a minigame it could be fun and it would contribute to the social layer of the game.

-Musical intruments as an horizontal progession system for bards would be amazing. It would be like a passive tree that gives you bonuses depending on the intruments that your character plays. It also could be done that to get to the top of the bard archetype you have to master all intruments. As another step to the apex would be a mission that required you to play music in the metropolis biggest in front of a number of players, maybe with a requirement of playing to a king or a high position bishop...

You don't need an npc to tell you where your tree stumps went, they line my hull and fulfill my mast. tenor.gif?itemid=15739082