Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Racial differences and balancing a wide variety of Seige types

I was a little disappointed that sieges are all very homogenized in that the defensive capabilities aren't very customization or different between races.

This idea goes toward player agency and feeling like the world around you is different everywhere you go.

If my racial choices don't mean anything and my node choices doesn't really matter then you're removing an option for me to make choices that make my character unique.

While players may optimize a meta out of this, it will create a tier list for nodes where location, race and defensive choices all come into play

Also my racial choice should matter and should be uniquely different from other players, this goes back to agency

Comments

• Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    My man you gotta stop posting so many suggestions when you've been on this forum for barely a day. You've made like 4 posts already, most of them being nothing but your opinions that you're forcing onto others as the right one.

The reason races don't give unique defensive capabilities is because this will force players to play a single race over another, which should never exist in an MMO.

Races also should only give you minor buffs so as to not force players to play a single race only when it comes to a certain class.

This is why Steven stated that, whilst some races might go better with certain classes, these race/class combinations won't be too different in power level.