Changing religion at any time?

TheBlackLambTheBlackLamb Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
1. would you be able to change your religion at any time of the game?,
2. but with the cost of restarting your new religion and losing your progress in the religion you have left?,
3. Maybe become marked in a way for betraying your faith?
F6lQFCc.png

Comments

• YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. You will be able to change religion at any time, but for a price. (Price not determined yet.)
    2. You do indeed lose the progress made in the current religion upon leaving it.
    3. There is no mention about being marked as a betrayer. Think of it as you leaving Thieves guild to join the dark brotherhood.

Changing religion is more about what quests you want and what benefits you are interested in since that varies from religion to religion.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You can change religion and lose progress in the previous one.
    But getting marked and chased after betraying faith sounds awsome and very true to the real world :D Maybe a week of redname towards everybody from the old religion? Doubt they will implant something like that though >:)
    Signature-member.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is only one true faith and that's Shyish
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do love this bit

"Early in the creation of the Universe the pantheon of gods was split. Some gods influence the corrupt side of beings that exist in the Universe. It is possible through questing and player decision to join or worship those gods.[8]

The Ancients and The Others are the evil gods who are the primary antagonists in the lore who defiled and perverted all of creation.[9]
    It is possible for some storylines to relate to a darker/evil path, if a character should choose.[5]"
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    No. Say it isn't so. I thought you were an upstanding hero of good!
    No. Say it isn't so. I thought you were an upstanding hero of good!

It was the cat wasn't it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Yes. Anyone who is petting a dead cat must be good.
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not for launch since I dont want to delay it but I'd love to see a religious war system. Something kind is inspired by the Civ games. Each religion gets a home node that will always follow that religion. Nodes bordering the religion's home automatically receive X amount of pressure. Doing religous based quests or pvp in any node besides the religions home node adds will impress the citizens adding religious pressure to that node. If you manage to convert a node to your religion you receive some kind of buff and possibly a discount when purchasing items from vendors in that node.
    I would love to see crusades of different religions
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Maybe the Devine nodes can launch a 'Holy War'. Their version of a Siege where the relic is in the temple instead of the city hall.
  • I imagine their will be guilds that form around one specific religion and compete with other gods that are worshiped in other nodes, cities, etc.
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    I just want to see them in a PVE format, we already have military nodes for PVP focus players, religion I think should be more for the roleplaying community who may or may not enjoy PVP.
    edited July 2020
    darthaden wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    I just want to see them in a PVE format, we already have military nodes for PVP focus players, religion I think should be more for the roleplaying community who may or may not enjoy PVP.

Maybe a war vs the others and the old gods? like a unique raid
    nJ0vUSm.gif

We really need the divine node blog
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    darthaden wrote: »
    Not for launch since I dont want to delay it but I'd love to see a religious war system. Something kind is inspired by the Civ games. Each religion gets a home node that will always follow that religion. Nodes bordering the religion's home automatically receive X amount of pressure. Doing religous based quests or pvp in any node besides the religions home node adds will impress the citizens adding religious pressure to that node. If you manage to convert a node to your religion you receive some kind of buff and possibly a discount when purchasing items from vendors in that node.

Civilization but in an MMO...I am here for it.