Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Tweaks to the UI
Hey guys, my first post here!
I was watching the recently posted pre-alpha gameplay and was thinking about the UI. I like what has been done so far, but I think there could be slight changes made. Mostly, to the legibility of the text and UI elements.
I took a screenshot from the video and made some improvements (in my mind, at least) to share with you.
Here is the UI you see in the video:
(direct link to the image: https://i.imgur.com/D7lOJME.png)
Here are my tweaks:
(direct link to the image: https://i.imgur.com/J6dq1XH.png)
My reasoning behind the tweaks:
- The shortcut keys in the hotbar should be more legible to see them in a glance;
- The cooldowns should be inverted – going from a dark overlay to a normal skill icon;
- The party window is too small to have numbers in it, so I think removing the numbers alltogether would work better;
- The enemy HP bar should also be more legible and consistent with the other HP bars (comma to separate thousands is missing in the Default UI);
- The cooldown message 'Spell Not Ready' could work better if placed a bit higher up, with a backdrop. You could use the 'torn banner' style which is already used for the party member nameplates.
What do you guys think? If you'd be interested, I could make other mockups, for other parts of the UI we can already see in the pre-alpha gameplay video.
If you are still reading, thank you for your time!