Options

Copy and Paste Cities?

Hello! I'm new to the Ashes of Creation discussion and I'm a really big fan of the whole node system, as I think many people are. One of the things that excites me the most about this system is that there will be (hopefully) a lot of places that we are able to explore which are changing and evolving over time. My question is, take for example 2 metropolises. Say these 2 metropolises are built in the same node "type" (I imagine some node's geography could be similar to one another with 103) and have the same highest race contributing to them. (If it helps, we could even ask about 2 metropolises by the same race in the same node on 2 different servers). What prevents the cities from being identical to one another? I don't want to walk across half the map only to discover that the city is basically the exact thing I left. I understand mayors can build or not build certain buildings, but how extensively might this affect the look of the city? Will the layout of the cities be different from one another? Things like that.

Hopefully, my question makes sense. Thanks to anyone that might know the answer!

Comments

• Options
    BunjaBunja Member
    I believe buildings inside the cities are built by the Majors, So things won't have the same location even if they are the same race, and node type.
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    As far as I remember, nodes will have different building numbers and locations and sizes because this depends entirely of the mayor in charge, and the biome is gonna play a role in the city looks
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They also take on the racial style of the race that contributes the most xp to the node. As long as players pick a variety of races and not everyone rolls Tulnar we should see some good variety.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I 100% understand your concern on this though. I remember atlas promising a world with hundreds of islands only to have them all nearly identical pretty much ruining the whole point.....or so I heard I never actually played it myself
  • Options
    darthaden wrote: »
    They also take on the racial style of the race that contributes the most xp to the node. As long as players pick a variety of races and not everyone rolls Tulnar we should see some good variety.

Right, I get that and it's super cool. I just am wondering if we will see significant differences in two level 3 dwarven cities on the same biome node. Like things that will make them distinctly memorable and distinguishable from one another even though all the things leading up to them were the same conditions.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    darthaden wrote: »

30% human 30% elf 15% orc 15% dwarf and 10% underworld
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They had a making the game video a couple years back where they showed off the technology of how the building architect was going to achieve these distinct looks.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Awesome! That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. I'm glad it's been thought about (not that I had any serious doubts being that it's such a core system). Thank you!
  • Options
    Not all buildings in a node are constuected by the mayor. There will be some standard ones in the blueprint of the Node.