Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Possible Corruption Griefing mechanics

Just want devs to clarify the system regarding this issues:

1) you have to flag purple to hit a green
2)I need to flag purple to hit a purple
3)if someone flag purple to hit me I want to retaliate
4)if I retaliate and start running through my skills, example aoe/skillshots
5)the griefer summons his green friends and run around him
6) will i be able to accidentally hit his green friends as a purple and get corruption bombed?

if this can be clarified would be best,you will not have time to set your status to opt out of hitting greens, and I like to retaliate against players who flag on me without worrying about hitting other greens running around the fighting area

South East Asia/Oceania server discord: https://discord.gg/J4Epj77

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I told you this on Discord. You have to click on someone to flag on them. There is no aoe "karma bombing." This has been explained over the years multiple times. I will give you a quote from Steven if you don't get the dev response you are craving.
    572925bc0d100acaf33de56557d73786.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    BardticBardtic Member, Alpha One
    Also you only gain Corruption on a kill. So accidentally targeting someone and hitting them won't do anything unless you carry through with killing them without them fighting back.
    XWeKqaZ.png
  • Options
    I told you this on Discord. You have to click on someone to flag on them. There is no aoe "karma bombing." This has been explained over the years multiple times. I will give you a quote from Steven if you don't get the dev response you are craving.
    572925bc0d100acaf33de56557d73786.png

So can I confirm being a combatant & force attack is a seperate thing?
    Sign up using my referral link! https://ashesofcreation.com/r/UIT3DTKQYRXWQJXR

South East Asia/Oceania server discord: https://discord.gg/J4Epj77

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes, it doesn't matter how many friends he has milling around. You won't affect them at all unless you click on them to target and use a direct damage ability.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    KilrokoKilroko Member
    edited July 2020
    Pretty sure aoe abilities will only hit the primary target and any other already-flagged combatants within its field of damage. It was the same in Lineage 2, you had to hold CTRL on your attacks to keep hitting someone that wasn't flagged. You could only freely attack them without Force Attacking(CTRL) if they are also flagged.

This is a very easy thing to implement and I would be -shocked- if it didn't exist, given Steven and the rest of the developers experience in the MMO genre.

Worry not my friend, you won't accidentally PK an innocent bystander.

[Edit Below]

Just to expand on that, holding the Force Attack button will only force attack your selected target, not other non-combants near them. They would have to flag as well to be hit by your AoE dealt against your selected target.
  • Options
    UlfUlf Member
    Kilroko wrote: »
    Pretty sure aoe abilities will only hit the primary target and any other already-flagged combatants within its field of damage. It was the same in Lineage 2, you had to hold CTRL on your attacks to keep hitting someone that wasn't flagged. You could only freely attack them without Force Attacking(CTRL) if they are also flagged.

This is a very easy thing to implement and I would be -shocked- if it didn't exist, given Steven and the rest of the developers experience in the MMO genre.

[Edit Below]

Just to expand on that, holding the Force Attack button will only force attack your selected target, not other non-combants near them. They would have to flag as well to be hit by your AoE dealt against your selected target.

Yes! But sometimes, you were killing mobs and a flagged char entered the radius of the AOE skill and made you flag, so his team of buddies killed you without going red, just to take you out of the spot.

I'm pretty sure the Dev Team has this figured out already
    FOeRqtf.jpg
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    Ulf wrote: »
    Kilroko wrote: »

[Edit Below]

Yes! But sometimes, you were killing mobs and a flagged char entered the radius of the AOE skill and made you flag, so his team of buddies killed you without going red, just to take you out of the spot.

I'm pretty sure the Dev Team has this figured out already

As was just mentioned, you cannot flag with AoE alone. It doesn’t matter if they’re purple, green, or red, you have to target someone directly in order to flag.