Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Plans for Auction House/Markets/Shops?

BardticBardtic Member, Alpha One
Just wondering if the Devs have any thoughts so far on what channels are going to be used to sell and trade goods. It sounds like there will be some kind of market at individual freeholds. I am assuming there will be no global Auction House(would undermine the entire Caravan system). Will there be some kind of AH in each town that is localized?

I also like the idea of players being able to set up their own shops in town but an AH, even localized would undermine that. However if there is no built in system then players will create their own, much like how PoE did. I hate having to run some website on another screen as it ruins the immersion.

An idea I think might work is having an AH type deal that players can only sell raw materials at, while shops for specific types of completed items(armor, weapons, potions, etc) can be opened by a player. Anyone who wants to sell an item in that shop pays a commission fee to the shop owner.

Would love a Dev Team response on current plans, but also interested to see other individuals thoughts as well.
XWeKqaZ.png

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    BardticBardtic Member, Alpha One
    @bloodprophet Thanks! Have read some stuff on the wiki, but not come across this yet!
    XWeKqaZ.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Your welcome.
    Happy reading B)
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    If there are no in-game accomodations I am sure the community/player base will come up with something either on the forums or discord (like a market/trade server) specifically for this type of ordeal.
  • Options
    Yeap, no global marketplaces or auction houses.
    Everything is localized to each node's location and ZOI.

In order to sell or buy something at another market you need to transport those goods.